Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Thread: thinBasic 1.11.x.x

Quote Originally Posted by Petr Schreiber View Post
    @DirectuX, @primo - displaying help on call tip will be disabled in v1.11.7.0
    Thank you Petr

@Rene - thank you for the idea, I also consider preservation of SampleScripts handy

@Petr @Rene

I like too the ideas from you, Rene, though it needs to update all the samples, or scripts you don't want to change just because you just want to try another value for a variable. In this case, I would prefer that thinAir choose whatever a temporary name it wants in the temp folder, then after execution ends, remove it alone while the modified script remain in thinAir's code panel. At this point the user can choose to save or reload the script.
    This issue is related. I opened it mainly (but not only) because of SampleScripts preservation.
    I find this above solution straighter than the comment-solution. And, I wish to hear what you think about it Rene. Note that your suggested auto-save feature is something else and it's not incompatible with this.
    Last edited by DirectuX; 29-04-2020 at 08:54.
    ThinBasic 1.11.6.0 ALPHA - Windows 8.1 x64

Quote Originally Posted by ReneMiner View Post
    We have those annotations hat are meant
    - for thinAir to display them in the codetree as notes
    or
    - for thindebug to temporary stop execution.

these for example:
    '[] 
    '[!]
    '[book]
    '[breakpoint]
    '...etc.

i would like to add another one

As the annotations subject is opened, this feature is related
    ThinBasic 1.11.6.0 ALPHA - Windows 8.1 x64

thinBasic MVPs

Smile

I have a few to Report - i try to keep it short- promised.1. The Most annoyingOne-line-loops make thinAir show Error
    While isWindow(hDlg): DoEvents: Wend

I guess thincore has Not forgotten the possible Loop in one line, but thinAir has Not learned it.2.Comments:2.1. Well, The apostrophe ist the only Comment that visually Works correct, nevertheless it should Highlight the annotations that are described above.2.2.The Rem itself is a Keyword and should get syntax-colors as any other Keyword. The comment actually must start in the 5. Column after Rem it must follow a char from space-group (space, Tab) or ( endline- newline) which includes according to the Rules : the colon. After Rem follows comment until end of Line. We have No escape-char from any Comment.
    2.3.*/ This should be a Multi-Line-comment  and its The only one which could end at Another Position than EOL/*2.4//  Same as apostrophe. But apostrophe Works// While this does Not. At least Not visually

2.5.Comment: AS far AS i know comment was added to keep comments available when importing - i guess its Keyword from AHK, Auto-It or winbatch. IT shows correct Highlights incl. The colon but the comment itself is Not highlighted.3.two Things about multiline-codelines, important First since IT Breaks Up the Programm execution.
    3.1.I will Not fill a complete Line... AS String = "Just" & Crlf & "to locate the Problem.."

First Line ends with a delimiter or Operator Symbol that tells as opening Parenthesis do: Something will follow - If Not on this row then in the row below. The Problem that occurs ist visible in the error-message. After the &-sign a space must follow in the upper Line or after indent on the next Line. The setting to truncate Trailing spaces will make a Well running Script to Something where your eyes can Not find a Bug. Yesterday IT was running, you did Not Change anything but now IT will Not start. Because of a Missing space that you can Not See.In any Case its required to have a space between & and $CrLf in this example. Else IT will join those and &CrLf is not a valid Keyword.3.2.No Problem If next Line Starts with " -doublequote- can be attached to anything. No Problem with comma nor Parenthesis. They can happily live with any neighbour because they are in 1 Group only and they are the leaders of it while a concatenation-sign has Problems to live next to others than b and h where & becomes a completely different meaning. They build a prefix together to sign these AS a Special Kind of number. IT was a good decision to introduce 0x - prefix because IT Starts with a numeral. Thats a helpful fact when IT comes to octal 0o00 or binary 0b00 should be Case sensitive so only lieber Case char will Not make AS Hex did and grouped a to f in upper and lower case to the numbers with an Operator "&" as leader.The solution might be to recognize the Operator/delimiter in front that makes the following Expression crlf not to be recognized by the Parser since "&" is member of the chars-group, of the Numbers groups (bin & Hex) and of the Operators Group to concetanate strings with quoted, or with equates The Parser has to remove the sunglasses when a Line end comes next remember the Last one AS what He reallIy is - a delimiter - and as you know it was this one >> & you know what Error to expect in the next Line, First token and you could drop a virtual space-char at the end of the crlf-tunnel-at end of Line leading onto the new line before the slowly following" & " gets dragged from the parsers Speed into the CrLf-equate that might be waiting there and cause a Problem.In simple word's: teach the Parser to Bring a space-char when the Last before eol was some Problem-causing delimiter and Put the space between the First and second Position of the First - unreadable token - this was already tokenizerd at te end of the previous Line and IT will Not Matter when your space rammed behind IT will let IT drop Out of the current line.only distance from 0x0a- char should stay AS IT was before. Then the tokenizer should learn Not to call Error again on this Problem but know: If Error on First token after newline while in the previous Line the Last token before eol was this Guy >> & Help myself and so Not disturb Humans for that. Since WE have those multiple-group Tokens WE can Not garbage instantly every usage but IT will Help a Lot If voluntary the Users will avoid to use oldfashioned prefixing and Check for alternatives to provide Logic appearing cool and well thought solutions so this Guy >>& can finally do his real purpose and Mark chars within Double quoted Strings AS hotkey, 4.Thinair itself has few Problems to Parse multiline-code but thincore handles it as always - reliable and quick. 4.1.Not the multiline-codelines but 2 level while deep + together inside for-next- Loop and inbetween 4 to 5 Level If bring it sometimes out of Control. In any Case almost the Same construct Works very smooth If we exchange while-Wend and replace it Using Repeat-Until. Sadly repeat until in thinBasic Provides No Iteration Nor early Exit. So its quite difficult to Decide which loops to Exchange. Do-loop ist No Option to recommend, it behaves Same as multiple while If Mixed with them.4.4. for Repeat - until i know Bit different from Purebasic. (?) It had multiple constructs Repeat ... Forever : a simple Loop with No Exit because No conditions and only "Skip Iteration" that can jump over the code down to the Forever-part where it Returns up to the repeat-keyword .Iterations Starts counting with 1 Always. When Iterations Returns 0 then IT IS Not running. Starts with 1 in the First cycle and its a read-only- a Bit as cbctl or cbhndl. Iteration (Singular) the current and Iterations (Plural) the Count. Not cheateble, Not changeable. You can Not poke them Nor Pass them byref
    Repeat [Forever]|[ {Number} Iterations] [ When condition] ....  until | Forever [ {Number} Iterations][When condition]...

.Repeat will Always be the Initial Keyword .Until can never be in the top row but until can get replaced with "Forever"Forever allows No condition in the Same Line5.Sorry.its the mobiles fault . I only See a very small Part of the Text and i fear i forgot Something important
    Last edited by ReneMiner; 29-04-2020 at 18:29.
    I think there are missing some Forum-sections as beta-testing and support

thinBasic MVPs
    Petr, as it looks like no one checked on my script. That I tried to write for wCon but wCon functions cover only half of the minimum required functions and the other half does not work at all. Good we still have the good old one . Less colors but functioning and configurable...

Hi Rene,

could you be more specific? Could you point me to the exact script? Thank you. We are a bit flooded with Eros at work, so we take the issue one by one in our free evenings (once "free evening" appears).

In the meantime - I looked into some issues in this thread. I have to admit I am not able to replicate :https://www.thinbasic.com/community/...ll=1#post95668
    https://www.thinbasic.com/community/...ll=1#post95669

Petr

P.S. Rene - you are a spring of ideas, and I appreciate them - but - my eyes are loosing lines in the massive texts. I suspect you might see it different on your device, but I see text from "
    First Line" to "Pass them byref" as one text monolith and it is really difficult to not loose the line. If you could split it to paragraphs, it will be easier to follow. Do you think it is possible? Adding two ENTERs before each paragraph should do
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

thinBasic MVPs
    Hi Rene,

could you be more specific? Could you point me to the exact script? Thank you. We are a bit flooded with Eros at work, so we take the issue one by one in our free evenings (once "free evening" appears)....
    Petr

i appended script again.

It was the one that will insert a line (or more) to all samplescripts. Easy to exchange the equates at start to use it for any other serial insertion to a bunch of files that match a pattern in all subdirs of a specified folder.

But the real issue- you will read in the script-comments. Guess more easy to read than big paragfraphsaf - and its - i wanted to use wcon... but impossible. What functions work at wcon ? the open window-... maybe wcon_printl if you dont want colored
    And wcon_ANY INPUT ??? nope I already had 2 functions (wait- which is to prompt the user to press any key - any key. And instead to write 3 lines where we only wait that the user pressed the ANY-key and no other
    no one cares what key was pressed
    Printl  CRLF & separatorLine(Console_sizeX,"-") In %ccOlor_fGray ' alias Repeat$(X,"-")
    Printl "Press any key to continue" , Align Right, In %CColor_FLightGreen
    WaitKey

'============================================================

that could be:

Wait("Press any key to continue" [RGB(192,192,0), "-", RGB(128,128,128), Align Right])

'default separator + default color = one time setup 
    'and from now only

Wait()

' alway uniform until program ended
    ' as my final were

Wait("Press any key to end") 

'it will get drawn with the same yellow and a gray separator consist of "-" as the very first

And wcon should have a CHOICE (similar to cmd-Choice) for thinbasic - a usage for making variadic parameters easier to understand how easy it is to use them.
    For detail see inside the script

wCon_Choice--- If we had a choice...

UserSelect = wCon_Choice ("What would you like to do?" ,
    ("Go to Hotel", "Get a beer", "Have fun with that blonde over there", "Keep on Coding"),
    "[H][B][F]" )

UserSelect = "[any other key]"  ' that was "Keep on Coding"

Easy isn't it ?

One more choice than keys passed = any other key for the last choice
    equal count of choices and count of passed acceptable keys = modal decision

Text-adventure friends- you get a new toy with 256 colors!
    Ain't that reminding you...?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ReneMiner; 01-05-2020 at 06:21.

Rene,

I cannot replicate the issues you describe, could you please post screenshot from this script?
    uses "wcon"

WCon_Window "Hi Rene", 100, 100, 80, 25

wcon_printl "Ciao" in 10, 0 at 2, 2 
    wcon_printl "Rene" in 11, 0 at 3, 3 

wcon_printl "Good bye" in 12, 0 at 70, 23
    wcon_printl "Rene" in 13, 0 at 75, 24

WCon_Inkey$

I am sorry to hear you experience trouble on your setup, let me know.

Could you let us know version of thinBASIC + your PC setup? (version of Windows and build).

I think you have old thinBASIC, because 1.11.6.0 states in / at support in the help file:
    https://www.thinbasic.com/public/pro...ub=wcon_printl

To download, please try: http://thinbasic.biz/projects/thinba...c_1.11.6.0.zip

Also - Rene - please understand WCON is in Alpha development - open for suggestions, at the start of the path.
    I also do not remember there was a plan to make it 1:1 with Console module - it is simply different take on similar task, an experiment.

There will be always tasks for which Console will be better, and there will be others where WCON is of advantage (fancy colors).

Petr
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Petr Schreiber; 01-05-2020 at 09:34.
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

thinBasic MVPs
    why ...In 10 or In 12? Thats not RGB-Function... you wrote in Help use RGB to set colors. Thats the first i saw.
    I have running the latest tB 1.11.6 already since it was published.
    (Still once in a while crashes of thinair but less than before since i avoid to have config or ini files of thinAir loaded in Notepad++)

But sometimes after maybe an hour or two of coding starting the script-as usual the end if or select case , missing parenthesis that ihave overseen -bugs -bugs but no problem , thinair even shows the right line then- and does not crash that much as with 1.11.5

Sometimes after 3 to 5 tests it stops the execution (thank Eros we have that button and can even test windows without any caption if our stopbutton-callback works) but then thinAir seems not want to return - the window becomes white and hangs (not responding it says) maybe 5 to 10 minutes, i had it 20 minutes already.

Could it internally count how many starts of scripts it has done in the current session- then it could make it like i started 8 times some script in that session i press F5 or F8 and thinAir will restart itsef? Like it writes a small script sends that to thincore "Hey wake me up again instantly when i vanished from process-list! I will have to run script xy.tBasic after that" thinair ends and thincore loops until thinair ended and not in the list of running processes. Then core will start thinAir or even a timer that shells a shortcut to start thinAir as Admin and either thinAir wrote into its config-file that it has to run that script or one of his buddys of bits and bytes tells him- so that maybe 20 seconds and thinair refreshed and resorted memory will shell the script then. It could help. You know us users we always want to test instantly and no- we would not voluntary restart before that test-run. And also not after- because we have things in mind what to change ... Could be configurable either by time - if thinair runs more than 1 hour could ask if to restart before execution to make sure memory is clean- or after 5...15 executions - configurable too. Anyway Autosave automatic once per hour at least...

I am running Windows 10 Enterprise 1909 developer preview version- dont say anything the official release of 1909 it is not that stable and is endangered of suicide because edge will lead to stack overflow permanently and that seems to disturb the hard drive controller who gets the "hickups" and saves the correct lenght of whatever but no bytes. Config-files are overwritten with 00 00 00 ... and all other data too. when you have enabled this drive-watch-thing that actually is to maintain system files integrity then you will find one day some by defrag automatically new located folder with your preciouss holiday pictures: All 00 00 00 -that's wow! Very clean... i dont need it. So edge must be put to sleep until the year 2999 before windows boots the first time and therefor i have some other versions. See signature

Hi Rene,

Colors/
    I think you may got slightly confused by the palette system. As the linked help file mentions, foreground and background colors are color code in range 0..255.

They have some default values, and you can override these default values via wcon_setPaletterColor, which assigns RGB value to color code.

We will think how to describe it better. So - this one works, but got misunderstood.

Stability/
    ThinAIR in the BETA/ALPHAs is under heavy rewrite, which significantly changes the way it operates. I don't know if you remember, but using thinAir once script was executed was s.l.o.w.

Thanks to rewrite to threads, everything is non-blocking and allows us to do more tricks. But it introduced some issues indeed.

The approach you propose is reasonable as workaround for tool you have no control over, but as we have thinAir source, we will debug & solve root cause.

Petr
    Last edited by Petr Schreiber; 01-05-2020 at 19:19.

thinBasic MVPs

Ptrsafe?

In the help (what's new) says have new keyword PTRSafe , so i am up to declare a bunch of DLLs that did not work on 64bit but the syntax higlight does not have that keyword. And the keywords.ini is made from output of the modules + core from the App_List...-functions output. So was no new file made (LONGLONG was introduced together with PtrSafe and is listed) or something forgotten to make PTRSAFE an active keyword?

And did I miss something? I Declare Function XYZ as this and that- ThinAir asking End Function now?
    Do i have to completely wrap the declared functions into a thinBasic-functions or is it if loadLibrary only? Or is there a directive thati have overseen?
    Last edited by ReneMiner; 02-05-2020 at 21:52.

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1