Thread: particle circle falling down animation :)

particle circle falling down animation :)

dear thinbasic users, hi liongfx fans,

this is my first 'serious' particle circle animation with the thinbasic liongfx module... I am proud of it to realize it with these few lines of code

category: particles figured out with circles falling down on earth and remain there...

my wish: if I could do some textures at the circles (bubbles) I would take water.bmp's, and the water animation would be perfect... but this will come for another day, I hope so... it's only a time problem for me to give the thinbasic liongfx module new power

have fun with it, you can leave the window by pushing the 'p' key.

best regards, Lionheart
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    you can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you might find, you get what you need

thinBasic MVPs

Re: particle circle falling down animation :)

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart008
    my wish: if I could do some textures at the circles (bubbles) I would take water.bmp's, and the water animation would be perfect...

Isnt this what your looking for.

http://www.freebasic.net/wiki/wikka....yPgPutgraphics
    Home Desktop : Windows 7 - Intel Pentium (D) - 3.0 Ghz - 2GB - Geforce 6800GS
    Home Laptop : WinXP Pro SP3 - Intel Centrino Duo - 1.73 Ghz - 2 GB - Intel GMA 950
    Home Laptop : Windows 10 - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz, 2401 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) - 4 GB - Intel HD 4400
    Work Desktop : Windows 10 - Intel I7 - 4 Ghz - 8GB - Quadro Fx 370

Frank, I commented line 93, the sleep command out and it runs faster now. I am still getting a flicker with the animation. I can't figure out what is causing it?
    Acer Notebook: Win 10 Home 64 Bit, Core i7-4702MQ @ 2.2Ghz, 12 GB RAM, nVidia GTX 760M and Intel HD 4600
    Raspberry Pi 3: Raspbian OS use for Home Samba Server and Test HTTP Server

thank you kent and michael

that's allright... stupid things with flickering... sorry, I try to solve the problem with flickering. Strange, the flickering became stronger after the inclusion of the different colours in this liongfx animation script... but thank you both for replies.

"PUT" as command exists already for liongfx but here I have to improve some things... there are some optional compiling properties on the freebasic side I must to rule and control them my aim should be to find a way to include "bload" (load) pictures (*.bmp, *.jpg) files. that's for me a hard thing at the moment. Have patience with it, I will manage these compiling stuff

nice day, the sun is on my side, lionheart
    you can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you might find, you get what you need

Frank, I am not sure how your module and the freebasic module works, but is it double buffered?
    Acer Notebook: Win 10 Home 64 Bit, Core i7-4702MQ @ 2.2Ghz, 12 GB RAM, nVidia GTX 760M and Intel HD 4600
    Raspberry Pi 3: Raspbian OS use for Home Samba Server and Test HTTP Server

hi kent, hi all,

"flickering effect": I am thinking I know or better I notice the problem belongs to the relation of liongfx_sleep 50 factor and pmax = 100 (or 250) count... the sleep factor original set to minimize the cpu power and in this case while running this code in a loop to speed the animation down... but here I am standing before my first "black hole" and I must grinning about it, because I have no idea to make it better or delete this effect complete (at this moment of course)...

I have tried a slower version and the flickering effect disappear nearly complete

thanks for your reacting and replying to this effect, I will see what I can do to find another way to prevent this kind of strange effect (perhaps somebody likes it?)
    I have headache about this problem... but my mood is still good and I won't give up to find a right way for this handling..

info: the new script I add in my first post.

thanks, best regards, Lionheart
    Attached Images Attached Images