Thread: visual c++ form example:)

visual c++ form example:)

Hi all...

I have created a small visual "form" c++ example ... my first one at all in my short life !

I have used visual c++ express edition 2005 haven't the actual 2008 version... too big for my notebook... and code blocks I don't yet understand or I have to use an extra compiler for it... no idea how to handle this... so I go the easier way with visual c++

my idea was to build a "dll", or a simple library (by wizzard gui), googled for this term and have found something around this theme... but it was easier to create this little form for me I wanted to know how does it all works... my knowledge was (is still!) very low about these things...

it's just a simple example for me to see what things happen when I am building such a little form dialogue... it's only a dummy form dialogue and a test for me...

I will try to follow this idea with dll to create such interesting stuff beside thinbasic or I can use it also with thinbasic... don't know... it's a lot of new things to check, but I was eager to see how I can build some day an own dll or library or new thinbasic modules... ??? (must laugh)...

qt: perhaps anybody can tell me how to create a simple *.dll with visual c++ (2005 express edition)... ??? Or a link to an example how to make it... Something I have done wrong with the select window to create it or I can only select the win32 form icon...???

=> it's possible to make a new own thread with add-ons or plugins or libraries or dll's for thinbasic material and examples ??? And would be nice to get here also some help... ?

that's all for today... Ciao, Lionheart

ps: the "checker" exe I have add as attachment ...
    pps: don't know where I can place this 'thinbasic free' post.. so I did it here ...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    you can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you might find, you get what you need

Re: visual c++ form example:)

Hi Frank, sorry I didn't get on the forums till after midnight my time Saturday Night / Sunday Morning.
    The form designer in Visual Studio is really wonderful.

This page has a nice tutorial if you scroll down about creating a dll in the VS2008 express:
    http://forums.techguy.org/software-d...-visual-c.html

For Code::Blocks, you will need to setup which compiler you want to use Frank. Since you are playing with Forms, Visual Studio will be easier.
    To use forms in Code Blocks you need to install a UI module, like wxwidgets or QT... not easy, so don't recommend going this route.

Acer Notebook: Win 10 Home 64 Bit, Core i7-4702MQ @ 2.2Ghz, 12 GB RAM, nVidia GTX 760M and Intel HD 4600
    Raspberry Pi 3: Raspbian OS use for Home Samba Server and Test HTTP Server

Is this a post about a 3rd party tool for thinbasic? If not, please post it in a OTHER language section.

http://community.thinbasic.com/index.php?board=107.0

hi michael, all...

yes, of course, if it's possible (eros or somebody else)... can you move these posts to

http://community.thinbasic.com/index.php?board=107.0

thank you, best regards, Lionheart
    you can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you might find, you get what you need

hi, anybody has an idea how to implement here a correct formula???
    same thing: have built it with visual c++ 2005 express edition

private: System::Void button2_Click(System::Object^ sender, System::EventArgs^ e)
    {
    // some formula input like
    // fahrenheit = ((celsius * 9) / 5) + 32
    //
    double celsius;
    double fahrenheit;

celsius = Convert.ToDouble(textBox1.Text);

fahrenheit = ((celsius * 9) / 5) + 32;

textBox2.Text = Convert.ToString(fahrenheit);

}
    my formula gives an error output with last 'double celsius' and more lines... ;(

ciao, Lionheart
    Ps: the calculator example I add here... I have managed to make a message box !
    pps: anybody out there how also has fun with coding in visual c ++ ???

Re: ready: my first running visual c++ form example:)

ready to take off... my first running visual c++ example, calculating 'celsius to fahrenheit'.. wasn't so easy to find the solution... but I have clashed the wall

I am proud of it !

solution looks like this one:
    textBox2->Text = (((Convert::ToDouble(textBox1->Text) * 9) / 5.0) + 32).ToString();
    ciao, Lionheart
    this day is my friend
    Attached Files Attached Files

Your program knows me Frank, it knows I am not a member of the xmen
    Acer Notebook: Win 10 Home 64 Bit, Core i7-4702MQ @ 2.2Ghz, 12 GB RAM, nVidia GTX 760M and Intel HD 4600
    Raspberry Pi 3: Raspbian OS use for Home Samba Server and Test HTTP Server

hi kent, now I have an imagine what hard work must be to program applications like windows, thinbasic, lightwave, visual c++ and linux based other languages...

it was a personal task for me how the visual c++ code must look like to show such a little gadget... uaargh

have a nice day, not everybody can take part to the x-men membership... must laugh

see you, Lionheart

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.