Thread: Children ...

Children ...

Taken from PowerBasic forum at http://www.powerbasic.com/support/pb...ad.php?t=39472

This is the problem: http://abstrusegoose.com/98
    and that's the solution: http://abstrusegoose.com/secret-archives/under-the-hood

Take care.
    Eros
    www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community/ | help.thinbasic.com
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

thinBasic MVPs

Re: Children ...

This touches on a subject that really gets me angry about so called "IT", "ICS" or any other acronim the schools can come up with to describe something to do with computers. I had a friends kid doing a work experience at my company and he had done "IT" which I got him to describe to me, I can sum it up in a few words - WORD,EXCEL,POWERPOINT,ACCESS. The course involved no knowledge of what is inside a computer or how they work together, no form of programming not even command line.

my opinion on the subject.

Home Desktop : Windows 7 - Intel Pentium (D) - 3.0 Ghz - 2GB - Geforce 6800GS
    Home Laptop : WinXP Pro SP3 - Intel Centrino Duo - 1.73 Ghz - 2 GB - Intel GMA 950
    Home Laptop : Windows 10 - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz, 2401 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) - 4 GB - Intel HD 4400
    Work Desktop : Windows 10 - Intel I7 - 4 Ghz - 8GB - Quadro Fx 370

More or less the same all over the world I suppose.
    www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community/ | help.thinbasic.com
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

Yip, put the secret solution is priceless ;D

;D Very nice

Mike (Clease ), we had similarly "in-depth informatics" on high school, it was basically course of Microsoft products - MS-DOS/MS Windows 95/MS Access/MS Word. The last year we had for 5 months Borland C, you can imagine how much it gave us to study programming for such a short time :P

It seems the trend is to "learn to control products" rather than develop ( using magic of course ) own solutions.
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

The problem I see with learning programming is that you only need this is your job when you are on an IT team. Usually from midsized companies and up, they use standard software. Twenty years ago I could develop tools for my own workflow with DBase and Clipper. We had a mix of different software systems and so adding another thing was no problem. Today everything has to be standard software. We use SAP and so we are not allowed to use our own little tools to make things easier. What we also use is MS Office products. If a kid learning this in school allready, then it will help them in job training when we want them to make an Excel sheet or something like this.