Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I step back, no more project leader. (Former Should we go on?)

Re: I step back, no more project leader. (Former Should we go on?)

Hi Mike,

thanks for your post.

Thanks for your opinion, I think you said it very politely and regarding me you was maybe even quite "soft".
    You are right school pressure to me is higher than other years, higher than I expected. I have basically just weekends free and sometimes even that is not 100% true.

As you know, I am in a bit weird mood, but I want to help with this project. Simone is big help to me, which makes my job easier. Let's see situation on the end of month. I will try to put together the core of collision library before end of October to not brake Jason in his AI experiments.

Petr
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

I personally think you may have just come back to the table a little sooner than needed. (After your situation.) And possibly have taken on a little more than you can do all at once. (One man team.)

Take a break, play with music, and relax...

Quote Originally Posted by Petr Schreiber
    I will try to put together the core of collision library before end of October to not brake Jason in his AI experiments.
    No rush... I would actually like to work on the AI with you... as opposed to doing that alone. You have a greater insight to the methods, while my knowledge is more towards the reaction of those methods. It is the physics portion that is at a natural limit, at the moment. (Can't calculate collision force/impact, without collision. I can pop-in some temp code, but I figured that would just slow me down. I have plenty I can still play with at the moment.)

I am creating a "SHELL", which I will submit soon, possibly tonight. It "Suggests", some of the ideas stated in the last post for the project design document. Which I will re-post, as requested.

Hi Jason,

I like the idea of cooperation on AI a lot, I was looking forward to work on it.
    Even better if we will be two for the task, I will be happy to provide technical background info on collision methods.

Petr
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

@Mike Hartlef Your Post is perfect for the position you lead as project leader. We won't let you step down. You have done a great job so far. I think the team is fine.

I personally laid back early as my part came later on and I only commented when I felt I had something new to add.

I know you are booked. I can do the cities if you want and gliders and you and Frank can send me anything you would like and I can put it into the cities where appropriate in looks. Music and sound effects are no problem either, but being creative as you are, just do what you feel like and assign me what all you want me to do as modeling and music and artwork. I am going to dedicate at least 10 hours a day in November barring any accident as I will be alone for that month, so plenty of free time.

All I need is to finalize track tile size and city tile size so that your editor can use it. I can then get to work.
    You can concentrate on coding and do artwork, music and modeling as feel you have time and inspiration.

So take a deep breathe and keep doing the great job you have been doing so far!
    Acer Notebook: Win 10 Home 64 Bit, Core i7-4702MQ @ 2.2Ghz, 12 GB RAM, nVidia GTX 760M and Intel HD 4600
    Raspberry Pi 3: Raspbian OS use for Home Samba Server and Test HTTP Server

Re: Should we go on?

Quote Originally Posted by ISAWHIM
    ... I am still curious to see how the sky-box is developing.
    I will make a sunny skybox since the design documents say clean air and water is the way of the world

I will make 2, one without city walls in the skybox and one with the city walls as part of the skybox to see how it looks.
    Acer Notebook: Win 10 Home 64 Bit, Core i7-4702MQ @ 2.2Ghz, 12 GB RAM, nVidia GTX 760M and Intel HD 4600
    Raspberry Pi 3: Raspbian OS use for Home Samba Server and Test HTTP Server

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12