Thread: Concept: Citys

thinBasic MVPs

Re: Concept: Citys

and this is something I like its just a bit to built up needs more green

this is more like it

final link for now.

http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/...d-model/411951
    http://www.ontarioarchitecture.com/postmodern.htm

@Frank - The cooling tower pictures above are a design for the walls not the buildings.

Home Desktop : Windows 7 - Intel Pentium (D) - 3.0 Ghz - 2GB - Geforce 6800GS
    Home Laptop : WinXP Pro SP3 - Intel Centrino Duo - 1.73 Ghz - 2 GB - Intel GMA 950
    Home Laptop : Windows 10 - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz, 2401 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) - 4 GB - Intel HD 4400
    Work Desktop : Windows 10 - Intel I7 - 4 Ghz - 8GB - Quadro Fx 370

hi michael 'abraxas'... uhps... must gulp ... I like such very nice scifi renderings, but these 3d rendering pictures belongs to the category 'artworks' are made in some weeks same as rom wasn't build in one day, must laugh...

- the cooling towers as very large columns surrounding a wall for the cities... so I have understood it... I make a plan or scribble (simple 2d/3d picture) how I imagine it...

- do you think for such scifi-city buildings as pure objects (3d models) or background pictures for the game??? I am sure these rendering files are very, very big... - this is by the way the same question I have asked on my new board (models, backgrounds and more)... it's important how to handle with the objects and scenes for the game...

I am not a gamer... doesn't forget... only the loading of textures and models will take some seconds when you have such big scenes and there will be a lot for the game !

- how about this little robot friend as rebel fighter?
    - and a flying ship with this shape?

think about it and make up my mind... work in progress... see you, good night, Lionheart
    Attached Images Attached Images
    you can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you might find, you get what you need

dear michael abraxas ...
    hi all...

- such 'greeble' things are possible (I have changed a 'coffee script' - plugin- for cinema 4d to build this one!!!), I have created a very short dummy 'greeble buildings' object how you can see what happens with the simple cube form...

it's perhaps ideal for city buildings... but it's just my first try and I have to solve my little texture problems or somebody can help with...

- I can build such a kind of similar scifi-cities like the four, five scenes above you have sent here, but it's a time killing job, that's for sure... we must make compromises how precise and detailed the object should be or the background pictures...

good night, franko lionhead

Attached Files Attached Files
    you can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you might find, you get what you need

last one for today, tonight

two simple greeble towers for buildings, file size of towers obj 3.2 mb, that's useless to discuss... but the greeble structure are very interesting stuff

good night, lionhead

Those look really nice Frank. You are becoming a geeble master.
    Acer Notebook: Win 10 Home 64 Bit, Core i7-4702MQ @ 2.2Ghz, 12 GB RAM, nVidia GTX 760M and Intel HD 4600
    Raspberry Pi 3: Raspbian OS use for Home Samba Server and Test HTTP Server

Hi Michael [Clease],

some fantastic cities!
    I think it clearly shows the city elements are not consistent in size, so unlike tracks, I think the city elements could vary let's say in multiples of track tile.

Frank, nice creations

It would be nice if each of artists could come up with ( even simple, paintbrushed ) vision of the city, underline its typical elements, and then start modeling necessary elements with "target look" in mind.

Petr
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

I will repost this quick bit of information here, since it is more relevant...

Until a specific unit concept can be argued for something different, I will assume these to be the current guide.

A "Block" will be 100 meters by 100 meters.

"Single", City and Track elements will be constrained to those dimensions, with city-blocks staying under 100 meters high. (That is about 330 feet high, or 33 stories, for real-life scale.)

I am suggesting that ONE city-block be designated as a "City-Landmark", and be 200 x 200 meters, but still only 100 meters high. This "City-Landmark", would be used in every track, for that city, as the focal-point of the map.

I think we should do like was suggested, for now, and keep the city-styles down to 4. If time is left, we can create more, one at a time, if desired. Four is a good starting point.

Of the two styles of city-blocks...
    One should be a "Solid", used alone, to fill space.
    One should be a "Fill", wrapped around the two "Common" track shapes. (The straight section and the curved section.)

Tracks will hopefully have a "Solid" version like the city, but would consume more of the area, and not have a standard shape to fill-in. The hope is, that the "Fill" city blocks can be overlaid on the track section, to bring the city close to the track, where a solid block would normally be away from the track.

I have attached the same sample 3DS file samples, to use as a guide, until something better comes along.

The scale is 1 unit = 1 meter. (There is a model called City00 with some samples of height and craft scale, as well as markings for "Stories" which are about 3 meters, and sidewalks etc.)

(Sidewalks are only there for scale purpose. I would not imagine that they would be of any use in the game.)

The border around the city is 2-lanes of a 4-lane city road. Where two blocks meet, they would form a 4-lane road.

I am working on a similar model for a city-wall, which we can use to outline the city areas. First, I am looking for acceptance or rejection for the idea of all city-sections being completely surrounded by water... Like a sectional group of islands...

Four cities, but each city/track area would be an island. A city could have 3 or 4 tracks/islands. 4 * 3 = 12 tracks, 4 * 4 = 16 tracks.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I can't import the 3ds files into Blender Jason, it gives errors.

Anyone else having similar problems or is the problem on my side, thanks?
    Acer Notebook: Win 10 Home 64 Bit, Core i7-4702MQ @ 2.2Ghz, 12 GB RAM, nVidia GTX 760M and Intel HD 4600
    Raspberry Pi 3: Raspbian OS use for Home Samba Server and Test HTTP Server

hi kent, jason...

I can't import the 3ds files into Blender Jason, it gives errors.

Anyone else having similar problems or is the problem on my side, thanks?
    a) I have no problems to load 3ds files..

@kent: I show you jasons examples ...

b) - info: the object size of the attached cities/blocks/tile tracks are limited to 100 meters (m) except the main single building (100city) with more than 120m (y) high dimensions... that's very ok for me...

qt: as I have similar thoughts belongs to the size of buildings and city area it would be nice if it's a fixed size what jason suggested...

A "Block" will be 100 meters by 100 meters.

"Single", City and Track elements will be constrained to those dimensions, with city-blocks staying under 100 meters high. (That is about 330 feet high, or 33 stories, for real-life scale.)

I am suggesting that ONE city-block be designated as a "City-Landmark", and be 200 x 200 meters, but still only 100 meters high. This "City-Landmark", would be used in every track, for that city, as the focal-point of the map.
    => ? my qt: same size questions will be to handle with landscapes (plants, flora, fauna) or water, sea, rocky mountains... and so on...

bye, lionheart
    today I am in a hurry, tomorrow will come more input...

PS: @petr... the scribble or skizzing of cities will take one, two days...

"simple house for adrastos" people...

- ...show only an demo-example of a little 'cabin' because of the file size...
    perhaps I can change the walls in that kind that the whole poor simple people can live there... some animals included...

- the dimension of the cabins are ca. 100m x 100m x 100m, I can scale it every time
    when the adastros needs more cabins or food no problem...

bye, Lionheart

ps: Since 2-3 days I have some difficulties to load the thinstudio board and the forum or during open sites I can make a coffee for me ... don't know why... technical problem???

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast