Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Concept: Track tiles

Re: Concept: Track tiles

Exactly what I think it should be like, good job!

Petr
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

This would be an ugly example of a custom section of track... This would be 1:3 ratio, or 100m by 300m...

Again, just for an example. A city-block 200m x 200m would have a similar use as the one non-repeating (Unique) city block in each track for that city.

For the track, it is only to provide more than a tube-run. (More wide areas, forks, freaky stuff.)

Don't forget, we can use the "Cinema" view to overlap the full rendered scenes as one city. (As a still view, or artistic view. One that suggests they are connected, and one is north, south, east, west.)

I will try to setup a smaller grid, with the larger crafts, so we can have fair judgement on the matter. For now, making individual buildings to merge into a grid should be enough work.
    Attached Images Attached Images

hi jason
    hi petr, kent, michael and all...

@jason... first of all... it looks very good, I can now imagine what a track tile looks like with buildings around, very good one! ... - do you work with rhino or 3ds max? I ask because of the import possibilities of my 'cinema 4d' objects compatible modus... I can load 3ds files... perhaps I can help with tile-track or support you If you like...

Again, just for an example. A city-block 200m x 200m would have a similar use as the one non-repeating (Unique) city block in each track for that city.
    my qt: 200mx200m - is this the right block x,y,z size for cities areas?

bye, Lionheart
    you can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you might find, you get what you need

thinBasic MVPs

Frank they are done with Google Sketchup.

Jason complements on the models very quick work and gives a clear idea of what you were talking about.

Home Desktop : Windows 7 - Intel Pentium (D) - 3.0 Ghz - 2GB - Geforce 6800GS
    Home Laptop : WinXP Pro SP3 - Intel Centrino Duo - 1.73 Ghz - 2 GB - Intel GMA 950
    Home Laptop : Windows 10 - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz, 2401 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) - 4 GB - Intel HD 4400
    Work Desktop : Windows 10 - Intel I7 - 4 Ghz - 8GB - Quadro Fx 370

Jason, that is really great what you did! Really gives a great sense of what you have been writing about. Your idea will be a lot more doable for sure from what I have seen.

I will study it more when I get home tonight. Thanks for the work and presentation!
    Acer Notebook: Win 10 Home 64 Bit, Core i7-4702MQ @ 2.2Ghz, 12 GB RAM, nVidia GTX 760M and Intel HD 4600
    Raspberry Pi 3: Raspbian OS use for Home Samba Server and Test HTTP Server

So are we have to model track tiles (each tile is a M15 model) ?

Jasons latest brain attack lets me think that a track will be implemented via his first suggestion he made (created via pointsets and on the fly). Please state clearly what you need.

There is no need to waiste time on modeling if you guys plan a different track implementation.

dear guys...

- I have tried this first track-area-test as a dummy test with a half sphere (with transparence, ca. 225 m size and sculpt it over the area), some little objects (houses) and will create more details on the track area and of course a new better track line Wink

- the ground has a size of 200x20x200 meters... one tower is nearly high with 200 meters

- all works are in progress Wink

- good evening, lionheart
    you can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you might find, you get what you need

... part two

I show here only the track shapes...

- with this idea I can create every shape of track lines... I have found another way to create such a non-uniform track line... perhaps it's interesting to drive on such horrible streets? it's possible to create equal track size, don't worry about it

- the big advantage of this shapes: you can change the size of the streets or take a new track crossing the old one... or take it over/under the first track line...

- quit the first way of creating the track attempt.... the last tracks weren't equal in width ... the problem belongs to extrude functions with splines

bye, Lionheart

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12