Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SandBox Testing

Re: SandBox Testing

Quote Originally Posted by Eros Olmi
    A suggestion: can you setup a key to switch from one view mode to the other?
    Problem is that it is not easy to switch using mouse while you are using arrow keys to drive you car.

I suggest function keys (F4, F5, F6, ...) or use TAB or V key to switch to the next view mode.

Ciao
    Eros
    Will do, once I get it down to one camera, on a pivot... That was originally setup for watching the 3000 cars run the points... (Seeing how far they stray.)

You should be watching the road, not sight-seeing in a race! Hehe...

I may keep one camera for a rear-view mirror HUD, and the other for the AI playing. I had the player view moving as you sped-up... it lifted up, and pulled away... but that made it a little harder to move. However, ow I know that it can chase you up hills fine.

Hi Jason,

Now I am going to go play with the M15 editor, to see what I can create.
    I recommend using following editors and convert their OBJ export to M15 rather than using thinEdge directly:
    • Wings 3D - simple, powerful
    • [url=http://www.blender.org/]Blender - complex, VERY powerful

To get OBJ converted to M15 go for OBJ 2 M15 tool.

Petr
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

Sweet... My old version of sketchup exports OBJ files... And it converts perfectly. (Well, if I translate it to triangles it does.)

I have to dissect the output though, I think it is sending both-sides of the triangle. (And I believe all triangles in GL are two-sided, so it is redundant to translate both. If I give one a blank-texture, that should serve as a marker, so I can hand-edit the M15 file.)

Though, I have not tried to export an image-mapped object yet. :-\

Hehe... I already added one ship... Time to add more constants! >

Look out TB, I got triangles now! Be afraid... very afraid!

Good to know how SketchUp export works,

thanks for the info You are right about the two-sided triangles in GL.
    It would be possible to use the way Sketchup does it too, but it would require backface culling. Lets keep it simple.

Petr
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

thinBasic MVPs

If anyone is using Sketchup V6 (non pro version) here are the plugins for .Obj export and import.

taken from here http://sketchuptips.blogspot.com/200...ndex-page.html

Just copy them into the plugins directory and make sure the ruby options are turned on the in the preferences (extensions).

Attached Files Attached Files
    Home Desktop : Windows 7 - Intel Pentium (D) - 3.0 Ghz - 2GB - Geforce 6800GS
    Home Laptop : WinXP Pro SP3 - Intel Centrino Duo - 1.73 Ghz - 2 GB - Intel GMA 950
    Home Laptop : Windows 10 - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz, 2401 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) - 4 GB - Intel HD 4400
    Work Desktop : Windows 10 - Intel I7 - 4 Ghz - 8GB - Quadro Fx 370

Michael you are a life saver... LOL... I didn't know they had an obj exporter for 6. (Not since google took it over. I figured they just locked everyone out in the free version.)

Not a big deal, for now, to remove the back-sides manually. We have that same problem in IMVU's exporter. (But there, we use both sides some times.)

I changed the key assignments for the camera, but didn't place them on a pivot yet. I spent all night researching more fast-physics, and doing time-demo of codes and functions. (This is the only program I know of, which performs division just as fast as multiplication. Both at mach-12! Usually, that is the first thing I do to a program for speed. turn all common division into multiplication factors. Grrrr... didn't work here... it was already as fast as it could go. Even SQR and ^ are blindingly fast.)

Ok, going back to setup more stuff.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12