Thread: Game: Music track/s...

Game: Music track/s...

I work with two of the guys in a band called, "Fix", a local band from Jacksonville, Florida.

I was talking to them today about the game, and they might be interested in providing some music tracks. (With or without lyrics.)

I was thinking that a simplified loop would be used...

Use a 4 or 5 second intro... (At the start-line, before the green light.) A softer sound, that taps in, like a countdown. Followed by a loop-set, once the light hits green.

The song "Muffler Burn", was suggested by them. (Ignore the garage-recording, they made it last night, drunk...)

The music is "Race quality"... but I want your input, before I suggest anything more to them.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndid=194324910
    Song number 2, "Muffler Burn".

Steve also has a TON of special effects. Most he made from normal/odd sounds. (Funny, he uses them for making whole music instruments and beat-loops.)

Re: Music track/s...

Not so quick young padawan. ;D Thanks Jason for bringing this opportunity up. If they could record this with a better sound then yeah, I could imagine that this song would be in it. The stuff that I will provide will be either fast paced techno and/or metal stuff. So I think it fits very good.

Oh, techno-metal... techno-metal...

Hehe...

I didn't know anyone was working directly on the music. (I figured that is why you asked me about it.)

I will hold-off until I can talk directly to Steve. (To see if he can do a studio version, as opposed to a garage version.)

Even if only for a track-fill. (No lyrics, just the instruments. I only liked the sound they have, not the word choices.)

I didn't know anyone was working directly on the music. (I figured that is why you asked me about it.)
    I guess then you didn't read the team profile page. But it's ok. I asked because it is allways nice to have more variaty. Especially if it comes to music. Ye,s if they have bad lyrics, then it is better to let them out anyway, so noone get's offended.

I'm sure Kent will also provide a song or two.

Muffler Burn, I liked it. It would be good for a racing level.

I was hoping to do at least one track depending on the inspiration from what comes out from the story and models.
    It will be fun. It is always nice to have a variety of music as everyone has their own tastes from hip hop to classical to techno and metal.
    Acer Notebook: Win 10 Home 64 Bit, Core i7-4702MQ @ 2.2Ghz, 12 GB RAM, nVidia GTX 760M and Intel HD 4600
    Raspberry Pi 3: Raspbian OS use for Home Samba Server and Test HTTP Server

Steve, one of the guys in the band, and Rob, another one in the band... Both said they would have no problem, attempting to create a game-loop sound, that is similar to that.

Steve has more of a love for punk/rock/metal/techno... LOL.
    Rob is more of a classic rock/metal junkie... LOL.

But Steve is the one with the good recording setup, and all the sounds. Rob just plays guitar.

Aside from the "Muffler burn" song... They loved the idea of trying something for the game. (Again, without expectations, and only if additional music is desired.)

Re: Game: Music track/s...

Hi Jason,

can you ask your friends to create two songs, 2-4 minutes length. Instrumental. Provided in Ogg sound format. Something with mid tempo or better fast. And tell them we say hello and thank you for helping us.

Thanks
    Michael

I will notify them to provide a sample. They realize it may not be used, but they want to try anyways.

If it will not sound like recorded in a bathroom and the same style like muffler, thne they will get my vote for it.