Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Game (Story, Settings) by Lionheart

Re: Game (Story, Settings) by Lionheart

dear michael...
    hi all..., dear abraxas...

- so we need a dead line for reading and deciding to find the best story background for thinStudio member ...

- what do you think about Sunday night at 24h... (date: 12.10.2008, 24.00) ???

- so everybody has time to read, make critics, proposals and can concentrate a short time for both stories... I am thinking it's important to develop the story on my side it's just a skeleton basis... :-D

bye, Lionhead
    you can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you might find, you get what you need

Just a little more. Don't make a book out of it.

I am not sure I follow the concept of, "The lowest polluter"...

If I understand it correctly...

A = BAD pollution (Can never win... unless all are also BAD.)
    B = MED pollution (Can beat anyone with MED or BAD pollution, but instantly looses to anyone with LITTLE pollution.)
    C = LITTLE pollution (Can finish last, if all other drivers are MED to BAD, and instantly win?)

I like it as a concept... as an element as to the vehicles of choice... But I don't think I like that element as a game-factor for winning.

However... It could be refined... to say that certain elements create X pollution... as a counter-action to the gain it has. So... a slower engine pollutes less... thus, that leaves you more room to create more pollution with another factor. Large damage missiles pollute a lot, so you are restricted to the remainder of you total pollution potential... which leaves you only able to use 3 of them... as opposed to a laser with little pollution, which does less damage, but can fire over 100 shots... with your available pollution potential.

(EG, as a design limitation, not a win/loose factor.)

Bigger body = less efficient... reduces pollution potential, but provides more physical shields, and push power, and push resistance (Mass).

Bigger engine = less efficient... reduces pollution potential, but provides better power for acceleration or sustainability of speed on hills. (Depending on the type of big engine you get or the choice you select.)

Where as... certain smaller devices simply do not alter your pollution potential. (The base-line)

Pollution potential being. (The limit of EPA or emissions. LOL.)

I'd pick the small car with lots of big missiles!
    You pick the big car, with small lasers.

We are both Eco friendly, and nearly matched... one for offence, one for defence. One for speed, one for destruction.

The glass bubbles are a nice touch... makes for a good use of a sky-box... and explains why pollution is a factor... Since you wouldn't run a mack-truck in your garage closed... but an electric scooter, you could.

Could also be used to setup opponent selection... Not that it limits your winning... but your opponents are matched to your pollution level. (Thus, no weapons, or only small ones... forces all other contestants to have equal pollution levels. Thus, matching you, based on the harshness you choose to use yourself. The more heavily you equip yourself, the more heavily the opponents equip themselves.)

dear isawhim

hi all...
    ...short reply:

A = BAD pollution (Can never win... unless all are also BAD.)
    B = MED pollution (Can beat anyone with MED or BAD pollution, but instantly looses to anyone with LITTLE pollution.)
    C = LITTLE pollution (Can finish last, if all other drivers are MED to BAD, and instantly win?)

I like it as a concept... as an element as to the vehicles of choice... But I don't think I like that element as a game-factor for winning.

However... It could be refined... to say that certain elements create X pollution... as a counter-action to the gain it has. So... a slower engine pollutes less... thus, that leaves you more room to create more pollution with another factor. Large damage missiles pollute a lot, so you are restricted to the remainder of you total pollution potential... which leaves you only able to use 3 of them... as opposed to a laser with little pollution, which does less damage, but can fire over 100 shots... with your available pollution potential.
    yes, you have done some good inputs about the how and the refining the story, many thanks! I have attached only a skeleton based story what about a second story for our game, so I did it... if there were more time for me at the moment I could write down it closer and with more background for actors, players, pilots and action scenes

I haven't done think about pollution reduction for the racing cars as the main winning factor... the velocity and skills of driving factor of the hovercraft objects should be a equal part of winning factor... but this was only an idea and the guys here on the board should say, ok, we can choose this direction of the story or not...

- we can make a poll decision what story do you all here prefer... Michael and Abraxas agree with it so far as I remember or I have seen some minutes before on the board...

- I like it to collect all wishes from the thinStudio members and wishlist aspects for a good game...

- so I take it calm and create or think more about fine-tuning of the story 1 or story 2

have a nice day, good week-end, ciao und servus, Frank
    best wishes, Lionheart
    you can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you might find, you get what you need

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12