Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Game: Story, Setting (Michael Clease)

Game: Story, Setting (Michael Clease)

Hi folks,

please come up with ideas about the story and the setting in this topic.

Thanks
    Michael

Edit: Changed the topic title so it reflects the current story's author

Re: Game: Story, Setting

short reply...

hi michael, hi all, just need only a bit time to create such a story...

- "wipe out racing game"... hovercrafts, buggys, monster bykes??? Some kind of "podracing" around rocks, mountains, through desert areas, over sea and land, through wood ?"... to build an arena full of barriers and hurdles...

- the player (multiplayer) should get in contact perhaps with heavy task to solve in order to get fuil, power/energie/lifetime for the engines and the player life, increase the speed of the racing object and the most fitness and skills of the player will win the race... of course

- do you mean such things?

need only time and more 'round abouts' the game content to get focus about a good story...

- collect some content-ideas about the stories would be important, every user here has different smells...

see you, Lionheart
    PS: you did a GOOD WORK michael to push it here forward...!
    you can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you might find, you get what you need

- do you mean such things?

need only time and more 'round abouts' the game content to get focus about a good story...
    Yeah, but the content can only come after we know what the setting and the story is. Or do you build a story around content?

thinBasic MVPs

Do you want to go Sci-Fi or just fiction?

You could do the usual "Its the year 3535 and most of the world are united in the common good, all that is except a small band of rebels, that want peace in pieces. Every year the united countries of earth host a race, the winning country gets control of the world government. OR will the rebels destroy the race"

or

"You are a multi-billionaire and like technology so you start your own race and invite anyone who can build a flying,fast machine to enter"

hows that?
    Home Desktop : Windows 7 - Intel Pentium (D) - 3.0 Ghz - 2GB - Geforce 6800GS
    Home Laptop : WinXP Pro SP3 - Intel Centrino Duo - 1.73 Ghz - 2 GB - Intel GMA 950
    Home Laptop : Windows 10 - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz, 2401 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) - 4 GB - Intel HD 4400
    Work Desktop : Windows 10 - Intel I7 - 4 Ghz - 8GB - Quadro Fx 370

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wipeout_(video_game)

Here is info about the original game. I guess a big factor will be if the game will be multiplayer or not. If multiplayer, it should probably be more of a racing game, who wins. If single player maybe more arcade style, maybe keeping fastest time record for each track. So you race to beat the clock of the fastest time. This time for each track could be kept online and downloaded to keep the game updated.

If we need more than this, I am sure we can come up with a good story if needed.
    Acer Notebook: Win 10 Home 64 Bit, Core i7-4702MQ @ 2.2Ghz, 12 GB RAM, nVidia GTX 760M and Intel HD 4600
    Raspberry Pi 3: Raspbian OS use for Home Samba Server and Test HTTP Server

Thanks guys.

Kent, I think what you posted is more about game modes, rather then story and setting.

Hi all,

one thing you probably think of already ...
    It would be nice if all vehicles could have one design fragment in common ( like all steam powered ), to have something to differentiate it from the row ( of similar games ) even visually.

It would be nice once we have the work done, we could say "we made game about <x>, <y> with interesting <z>" instead of "we cloned Wipeout". Now this I mean not from just visual point, but from gameplay as well.

Petr
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

This is one of the most important factor. A consistant style. The game would feel just silly if you would have thing sin it that would not fit together.

Quote Originally Posted by Abraxas
    Do you want to go Sci-Fi or just fiction?

You could do the usual "Its the year 3535 and most of the world are united in the common good, all that is except a small band of rebels, that want peace in pieces. Every year the united countries of earth host a race, the winning country gets control of the world government. OR will the rebels destroy the race"

or

"You are a multi-billionaire and like technology so you start your own race and invite anyone who can build a flying,fast machine to enter"

hows that?
    Hi Mike,

I think SciFi or Fiction, both could work. Let your ideas grow and then present us a story/setting. It should describe the setting and also describe the background for the single player campaign mode (if there will exist one). And don't hesitate to use names for characters/locations. that helps with the identification on the game and for all of us.

But I like this rebel approach. In a campaign mode and as a player could choose a fraction. Definately has potential. Thanks for that start.

Thanks for that start.
    And don't leave it there. Build it further.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast