Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Design document, anyone?

Re: Design document, anyone?

I have no problem with updated sticky post,

question is if it would not be too long in the end to hold all the information.
    So here comes compromise - sticky post containing PDF which would summary all we agreed on.

Petr
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart008
    dear michael,

I am helping you to create a structured 1) "design document" and a new 2) "wiki"...

here's such a lot of stuff it's just screaming after it

see you, come back soon lionheart
    Thanks Frank. It's not about to much work. It is about how. I allready had started a document. Doing both would be overkill. Anyway, we will do the sticky topic then. It should be enough for a "let's see what happen" project.

hi michael

yes, it sounds good!
    I allready had started a document. Doing both would be overkill. Anyway, we will do the sticky topic then. It should be enough for a "let's see what happen" project.
    - if you have some document ready send it to me PM (if you like) and I can read and check it... or send it to here

wish you a nice day, lionheart
    you can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you might find, you get what you need

Thse were the both documents started even before I knew which game we would do. It is not finished nor are the topic all there. But I think you could get the structure out of this.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi Mike,

thanks a lot for your design document, now I can see it more clearly.
    I did not thought the hovercrafts will shoot for example ( but I like the idea, heh ).
    You did good job on it.

Very wise decision was 512x512 texture limit, Intels would cough at higher res.

Petr
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

Petr, it was just fillings, the actually content would have came from our discussions. In WipeOUt you can collect powerups and weapons, like bombs and stuff liek that. Gives the game a nice element.

hi mike, dear petr hi all...

@mike
    thanks! I have downloaded the pdf document... very good overview and content! this is the right way for a structured design document for the game, bravo!

- for "3d model tools" you can add "Cinema 4D and Lightwave"
    a) Cinema 4d: www.maxon.net,
    b) Lightwave: www.newtek.com, newtek-europe.com

I am working with both 3d apps... and perhaps anybody knows the 2d application:

- "Photoline" ?, www.pl32.de, a very good and small 2d image manipulator... I like it...

more soon, I am out of order now, week-end..., bye, best wishes, Lionheart
    you can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you might find, you get what you need

Thanks Frank. My intention was only to add tools that a freely available and could be a help for the team members. If you know any good freeware tools, then please let me know and I add them. If I add all the commercial tools that I own, man this list would be long.
    Hexagon, Truespace, Poser, Photoshop, ZBrush, Silo, Carrara, DazStudio, SnagIt, UltimateUnwrap3D, Ulead Photoshop, Cakewalk Sonar, FLStudio, RiffWorks, Cubase, Amapi, Animation Master, Anime Studio Pro, Bryce, LogoCreator, Manga Studio Ex, Campaign Cartographer.
    I'm sure I forgot something.

Michael great job on the document so far!

I see that the way you are seeing this is that not only will there be a game, but also tools for the game.

So we modelers should perhaps make things in parts that could be put together for the final vehicles with the vehicle making tool?

I guess being made in parts could also lead to cool crashes and replacing parts with damaged parts and in the end
    nice parts flying everywhere in a critical crash.
    Acer Notebook: Win 10 Home 64 Bit, Core i7-4702MQ @ 2.2Ghz, 12 GB RAM, nVidia GTX 760M and Intel HD 4600
    Raspberry Pi 3: Raspbian OS use for Home Samba Server and Test HTTP Server

Quote Originally Posted by kent sarikaya
    Michael great job on the document so far!

I see that the way you are seeing this is that not only will there be a game, but also tools for the game.

So we modelers should perhaps make things in parts that could be put together for the final vehicles with the vehicle making tool?

I guess being made in parts could also lead to cool crashes and replacing parts with damaged parts and in the end
    nice parts flying everywhere in a critical crash.
    Yes, that could be a feature if we have time for this. Right now we ahve to collect all the ideas, the art department has to think about how to create these things and the coders have to think which tools we need and how it can be used in a game.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast