Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: thinStudio Logo :-)

Re: thinStudio Logo :-)

LOL LionHeart,

remember it is possible little kiddies will play our game ;D, their parents will uninstall once "hot chick" and "sex" will be on the first screen ;D

From my side I would prefer black and white logo, maybe + one color, but better to have it simple.

Petr
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

hi petr again

yes, of course, it should be children friendly-like... the game...

I can build such a logo, with one, two colors... I played around and have got "lust" to try it... it makes a lot of fun!

more will come... as soon as my female better side leave me for some minutes

ciao and good evening, Lionheart
    you can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you might find, you get what you need

I liked the girl logo for sure. I guess we could use that in our own modded version at home. I like that one Lionheart!
    Acer Notebook: Win 10 Home 64 Bit, Core i7-4702MQ @ 2.2Ghz, 12 GB RAM, nVidia GTX 760M and Intel HD 4600
    Raspberry Pi 3: Raspbian OS use for Home Samba Server and Test HTTP Server

kent 01 thinStudio Logo

This at the moment is an animated gif. It plays really well in firefox. In Google Chrome and Internet Explorer it plays a little slower than it should. Microsoft Fax and Image viewer can play it Ok too. It plays faster the second time through in all apps after it loads the gif. The animations should be 4 seconds in total to give you an idea.

If you guys like this I can work on adding sound to it and making it an avi with perhaps a little more flare too. I didn't want to work too hard if going in the wrong direction
    Acer Notebook: Win 10 Home 64 Bit, Core i7-4702MQ @ 2.2Ghz, 12 GB RAM, nVidia GTX 760M and Intel HD 4600

thinBasic MVPs

Kent I think that looks really good but I think 4 seconds is too long.

any chance you do a 2 second and 3 second version for us to compare.

thanks

mike
    Home Desktop : Windows 7 - Intel Pentium (D) - 3.0 Ghz - 2GB - Geforce 6800GS
    Home Laptop : WinXP Pro SP3 - Intel Centrino Duo - 1.73 Ghz - 2 GB - Intel GMA 950
    Home Laptop : Windows 10 - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz, 2401 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) - 4 GB - Intel HD 4400
    Work Desktop : Windows 10 - Intel I7 - 4 Ghz - 8GB - Quadro Fx 370

"go for gold" kent!

good morning, hi kent, dear mike (abraxas), all others...

I agree with mike, some 'seconds' too long, but very nice idea!... looks professional! as a trailer for a tv serial or a game intro (!), congratulations, kent... you are on the right wa! such mini logos I have built some years ago with cinema 4d never used it since this days...

have a nice day, see you soon I build another still-logo, bye, lionheart

ps: do you have build this logo with an 2d/3d application, flash player? or something like combustion?
    you can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you might find, you get what you need

Re: new thinStudio Logo :-)

...more from the logo road
    dear thinBasic and thinStudio friends,

From my side I would prefer black and white logo, maybe + one color, but better to have it simple.
    @petr: so ...my 5 cent for today...

best regards, have a nice weekend to all... and a pot full of good ideas

Lionheart (Frank)
    ps: animated gif logo will follow...
    Attached Images Attached Images

thinBasic MVPs

A rough Idea for the Logo
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Home Desktop : Windows 7 - Intel Pentium (D) - 3.0 Ghz - 2GB - Geforce 6800GS
    Home Laptop : WinXP Pro SP3 - Intel Centrino Duo - 1.73 Ghz - 2 GB - Intel GMA 950
    Home Laptop : Windows 10 - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz, 2401 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) - 4 GB - Intel HD 4400
    Work Desktop : Windows 10 - Intel I7 - 4 Ghz - 8GB - Quadro Fx 370

Thanks all for the logos,

@Kent, very good looking!

@LionHeart, - that is better! Just one thing - the logo will be on the screen for 2-3 seconds, maybe there is still a bit too much text to get in such a short time.

@Abraxas - wow, very nice, reminds me of 8bit era

For further inspiration I like logos like DoubleFine has too.

There is one danger of animated logos - when too long, they make gamers ( ME ;D ) angry. I also hate to click through 10 logos ( + NVIDIA the way it was meant to be played + "Plays best on SoundBlaster 24bit" ) just to get to menu.

Petr
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

Glad you guys liked the logo, it is 4 seconds because I was imagining it with sound effects and for sound to do something cool, 4 seconds is even hard to do it in. If you ever read the Vista 4 second sound story... it took pros a very long time to come up with something. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15656246/

As Petr wrote, I am thinking of this as the nvidia or other game logo animations and most are a little more than 4 seconds.

In most games you can press escape to bypass as the movie plays, when not in a rush I like watching them personally. But if playing online with friends and rushing to get in, I just escape through them very quickly.

If the 4 seconds seems acceptable, then I will start working on the sound effects. It will probably be many many layers of sounds to make the 4 seconds interesting.

LionHeart, yes I used many many programs the last 2 days trying out ideas and I was thinking in color, but when I read Petr's post about Black and White and then seeing the original logo idea, I then evolved into this version. I was using blender for colored logo ideas, but with the black and white logo idea went with my old photoshop 4, after effects 4 and premiere 6.

The final version won't be a gif file, but a movie file. I usually save as xvid avi format as xvid is free. Should I use wmv format instead so that the xvid codec won't be required to play the video? Can we play wmv file in thinBasic?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast