Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: thinStudio Logo :-)

Re: thinStudio Logo :-)

LionHeart and Mike(Abraxas), I like your guys logos too and it gave me an idea. The ideas was sparked by Petr's comment about being bored by opening logos.

Petr or Mike(Hartlef) could write a routine that could randomly pick these various nice logos you guys are coming up with, this way the intro logo will never be boring and also a different random effect could be used with them. Petr has done waving textures before, blurs and glows. This way all these neat logos you guys are coming up with could be used and the startup could be exciting each time as something new.

Then any animated movie clips we make can be used for a trailer instead of the game. Just an idea. If the team decides to go this route we could work on single image logos for a nice variety.
    Acer Notebook: Win 10 Home 64 Bit, Core i7-4702MQ @ 2.2Ghz, 12 GB RAM, nVidia GTX 760M and Intel HD 4600
    Raspberry Pi 3: Raspbian OS use for Home Samba Server and Test HTTP Server

Kent,

maybe this post will sound a little negative, but that is because I am writing something for school right now ... and semicolons make me scratch the wall again. Oh well.

When we look from our point of view, it is totally right to put all developed logos and let them play randomly. I really like the community here, so it would be sort of not nice to not use someones logo.

But from user=gamer point of view ... at the time he will play the game he will probably not know our comunity, so multiple logos would seem to him like:
    • "unnecessary bloating of game package"
    • "if they cannot find single representative logo for their team, they must be complete unprofessional weirdos"
    • "I do not care about their logo, I want to play the game ... NOW" - and that is where I am "bored" by the logos of other games, not because they are not attractive enough, but I do not care when starting the game for 50th time

So with this in head I would vote for single logo, ESCAPEable, very well done, showing for short time. If the gamer wants to know more about team, we can ( we will! ) add nice, slowly scrolling Credits, optionally launchable from main menu.

I apologize once again if this is too negative.

Petr
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

I second Petr point. And I think he was not to negative. Critics should be said, not matter what. At least if we wanna get something serious done.

I think logo is important but it can come after the game.

The old thinStudio fading away logo is perfect for me: light, fast, impressive.
    With a little very light background sound it can be superb.

If something better will come out during game creation, ... good. Otherwise we already have something, isn't it?
    www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community/ | help.thinbasic.com
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

I always like opinions and how Eros allows them in these nice forums. I am for whatever the team goes with and your opinions are never negative Petr.
    Acer Notebook: Win 10 Home 64 Bit, Core i7-4702MQ @ 2.2Ghz, 12 GB RAM, nVidia GTX 760M and Intel HD 4600
    Raspberry Pi 3: Raspbian OS use for Home Samba Server and Test HTTP Server

hi all
    a short input for this week-end evening..

- We have time to find the best fitted logo for the a) THINSTUDIO TEAM and b) the "GAME" until the monkey competition ends, isn't it?
    (Countdown: 132 days until CM 2009 contest ends!) much time, isn't it?

=>... to find a logo for the team AND the game...That is the task on this board thread

I cannot reply to all the last posts, but I agree to petr's last big comment...

So with this in head I would vote for single logo, ESCAPEable, very well done, showing for short time. If the gamer wants to know more about team, we can ( we will! ) add nice, slowly scrolling Credits, optionally launchable from main menu.
    - critics (constructive) are every time welcome... so what we have this community for?

- @eros:
    you are right: yes, we have "one" logo... if we find a better logo as the old thinStudio logo or we can improve, we will make it... ( I will try it of course)

but...

- we have a new team here, so we can build a new one that's my effort to build it, otherwise we can use the old one... why not?

my idea: I will collect all ideas of good created Logos until the end of the game scripting days here and start a 'logo poll' again

- the idea of some kind of credits list (logos, team, background) is good for the game player, they wanted to get more infos about the game... I like the idea, petr...

@ kent:
    good ideas and created things like you have built (animated gifs) are always with a positively value! I like your logo and the idea behind it... but I agree with petr and mike, that perhaps 'multiple logos' are oversized (overtuned) for this game intro...

nevertheless... I love animated gifs! and a creative work you have made kent!

more logo ideas I will create tomorrow and the following days...

best regards, lionheart
    nice evening for all here...

ps: It's sometimes a time intensive job here to read all posts and creating things, but I love it ! I am not "up to date" to all posts of thinStudio...

I need a "thinBasic read" roboter to check all post of the thinStudio team !
    you can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you might find, you get what you need

Hi Lionheart,

I think the game logo should be done once the game is done, to reflect its contents best.
    To check latest topics you can use "Recent posts" part of forum or install RSS feed to your browser as well

Good evening, good night and thanks ( do not forget to go with dog for a walk ),
    Petr
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

good morning all...

put another little thinStudio logo try on this place...
    not so good: I have saved it as *png format, but therefore I have lost my 3d shadows of the thinStudio logo, my 2d manipulation software deleted it... ;( too much levels...

yes,
    I think the game logo should be done once the game is done, to reflect its contents best.
    dear petr, you are right...
    besides that I will follow my tbgl examples to learn more...

best regards, my dog is just waiting for the morning walking through rain! ...

caio, best regards, Lionheart

ps: .. and grinning greetings from "hägar" too
    Attached Images Attached Images
    you can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you might find, you get what you need

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123