Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Code: Particle module or include file plus editor

Re: Code: Particle module or include file plus editor

Hi Petr,

is some day that I'm doing some tests on particle System and i put here some ideas.

if instead of using an array pointing to the structure "particle" we use a matrix to handle such as multiple explosions?
    if we do a different movement of particle based on the texture that are load at the moment ?

it's only some ideas that I have in the head what do you think about this ?

Ciao,
    Simone
    LapTop Pc: 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo T7200 • 2GB 533MHz DDR2 RAM • 160GB hard disk • 512MB ATi Mobility Radeon X1600 graphics • Win Vista SP1<br />Desktop Pc: 1.6GHz Intel Core 2&nbsp; • 2GB DDR2 RAM •&nbsp; 1024MB Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT • WinXp&nbsp; SP3

Ciao Simone,

the main reason I put pointer there is that UDT variable cannot hold dynamic array ( by design ).
    That means we would have to hardcode maximum particles somehow, which is not ideal.

I am not sure I understand the "if we do a different movement of particle based on the texture that are load at the moment ? ". If you mean whether texture will be preloaded, then "yes"

I am thinking which kind of particle effects we will need for the game.

I presume:
    - smoke ( when there is hovercraft damaged by shot )
    - spark ( when hovercrafts are too close to each other )
    - explosion ( when hovercraft ... is too tired to go on )

Can you think of anything more?

Petr
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

Hi Petr

I am not sure I understand the "if we do a different movement of particle based on the texture that are load at the moment ? ". If you mean whether texture will be preloaded, then "yes"
    Ok. It was like i tought

I am thinking which kind of particle effects we will need for the game.

I presume:
    - smoke ( when there is hovercraft damaged by shot )
    - spark ( when hovercrafts are too close to each other )
    - explosion ( when hovercraft ... is too tired to go on )

Can you think of anything more?
    Maybe the we can do some how "rain" but it's not simple.

Ciao,
    Simone
    LapTop Pc: 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo T7200 • 2GB 533MHz DDR2 RAM • 160GB hard disk • 512MB ATi Mobility Radeon X1600 graphics • Win Vista SP1<br />Desktop Pc: 1.6GHz Intel Core 2&nbsp; • 2GB DDR2 RAM •&nbsp; 1024MB Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT • WinXp&nbsp; SP3

Hi Simone,

rain is tricky, but not impossible.
    I would do it in similar way the snow was done in "Indigo Prophecy" ( aka "Fahrenheit ").
    Have a look here: screen.

They did not simulated movement of every single particle, they made bigger particles, holding multiple snowflakes ... and it still looked very impressive ( looks better in movement )

Regarding our progress ... I think if we will think too long how to do it, we will always find some downside, some problem, because we will want to find ideal system.

I propose do something little different. Think which effects we will need for the game, then do each of them as single script using our prefered technique. Then we will see what those effects have in common, and that will be the thing we will base more general "particler" in the end.

In worst case we will have effects ready for the game ( whic is good ), just not some general system ... that is pesimist view. All other cases are only better ... optimist view

What do you think?

Petr
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

Hi,

I agree with you. In fact I hope to be able to send my first script for the explosion before Monday '. is ready but there are some things that i want to improve. ;D

I've play the game Fahrenheit and if we can do some similar to snow would be nice.

Ciao,
    Simone

Hi Simone and others,

here comes basic "smoke" demo.
    It uses entity based particles, user data for each entity and finally TBEM module as the heart of particle spitting

It is not general purpose yet, but more kind of demo of direction we might take with Simone.

The particles fade from starting color to end color, they have some constant velocity, scale shifts...

Petr
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Nice one Petr. And ncie use of TBEM. Thanks !

I thank you for TBEM,

it is very easy to use!
    I need to learn it better ( TBEM_SetData / GetData ) to make everything even more "automated".

Petr

Hi,

Petr Nice version, it's like my idea of Explosion (but your Version it's more simple to check than My ;D).

Ciao,
    Simone

Hi all,

I've study for Explosion something like Image Below.
    There is some thing that I've to check before post the script.

Simone
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast