Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Team profile

thinBasic MVPs

Re: Team profile

I think we need a number

( General purpose # Anything thats left to do

Modelling is not a good area for me.

but willing to try anything else
    Home Desktop : Windows 7 - Intel Pentium (D) - 3.0 Ghz - 2GB - Geforce 6800GS
    Home Laptop : WinXP Pro SP3 - Intel Centrino Duo - 1.73 Ghz - 2 GB - Intel GMA 950
    Home Laptop : Windows 10 - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz, 2401 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) - 4 GB - Intel HD 4400
    Work Desktop : Windows 10 - Intel I7 - 4 Ghz - 8GB - Quadro Fx 370

Quote Originally Posted by Abraxas
    I think we need a number

( General purpose # Anything thats left to do

Modelling is not a good area for me.

but willing to try anything else
    What needs a number? And thanks for joining!

thinBasic MVPs

I suppose testing where I could be useful because I have access to various computerS new and old at work, from celeron 700 to (at the moment) AMD 2.6GHz Athlon 64 X2 5000+ NVIDIA GeForce 7025, who knows what will come when I order next week.

Home Desktop : Windows 7 - Intel Pentium (D) - 3.0 Ghz - 2GB - Geforce 6800GS
    Home Laptop : WinXP Pro SP3 - Intel Centrino Duo - 1.73 Ghz - 2 GB - Intel GMA 950
    Home Laptop : Windows 10 - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz, 2401 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) - 4 GB - Intel HD 4400
    Work Desktop : Windows 10 - Intel I7 - 4 Ghz - 8GB - Quadro Fx 370

That is great Abraxas.

Greetings...

Due to my "Newness"... I will only post my desire to assist, as I realize that my following is rather short.

I think that I can safely bond to the following positions.

4) Authors... To build the story, theme, atmosphere
    5) Tester... Someone has to do the job and test the game inside out
    6) Designer... Come up with the game design, rules, all the law's behind the game

I am sure that I can handle the task of writing a flavorful story-line/setup for the game...
    I am sure that I have the ability to test it, if it is not a super-heavy full FPS shooter with smart AI. (Even dumb AI.)
    I like to make rules, relate to games... I don't follow them often, but I like to make them! (In this case, suggesting them.)

I have left out 1, 2, due to the number of filled positions. If I can contribute to those areas in the process, I will, if it is free-time that I am not helping develop my selected "choice" areas.

Have you guys/girls, decided on anything concrete yet?

Hi Jason,

thanks for your profile and interest. Yes, we are allready in the progress of shaping the game. It will be a wipeOut based racing game. I know it takes time but my advice is to read all the topic here first to see where we are, to get to know project. Then start your contributions.

Designers, well we all design the game during the process. So your ideas are allways welcomed. So far we all decided on majority, or if there is no clear picture, then I guess it will be my job to make the final decision.

I would like to work on the project in a modular way. Modular artwork, modular code. So things can be easily inserted and worked on seperately. I allready made requests for some generic code functions that will be useful no matter what the game will look alike.

Do you have any music abilities?

Michael

Music... (I might be able to contribute some cheezy midi stuff. That is a far-cry.)

Sound effects... Possibly, but nothing would be original. (Nothing rarely is now.) Though, I can alter speed, pitch/tone, to craft it more towards our use.

The sound code will be one of the hardest parts, with things moving around, sounds have to change with the items locations. (Roaring away, or getting closer and management of channels, to ensure there is little or no overmixing.)

I spent all night reading over a majority of the postings which I believe would pertain to my available efforts.

The one thing that I would like to suggest, for creation flow... Is to stray away from the story-line, until we come up with some hard code structure. (Stories are easier to write, when you know what to write about. It is harder to turn a story into a game, without unlimited resources and ability. We can always work our limitations into the storyline, using a theatrical explanation as to why things are so "Limited"... If this is in space, because we can't draw land... If this is played in a city, because of FPS limitations due to inability to draw a distant horizon... If the ships all sound like a bucket-t without an exhaust... etc...)

I have to get a RAR unzipper before I can read the other story. I have read the other one that was not RARed.

For now, I need sleep, I have to work in 6 hours.

Sorry Jason, I disagree. I think a basic story and background is needed for at least the other artists and me here as. It doesn't have to be a full feature story but to set a mood and describe a little the background.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.