Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arkanoid (a more 3D Version)

Arkanoid (a more 3D Version)

Hi all,

I know that much time has passed by the latest version of arkanoid. :
    but now I am ready to show a new version of arkanoid.
    I made some important changes to the script and I also added a new bonus "the gun". ;D
    bonus gun does not have time limits for now.

for a full version of Arkanoid I'm trying to implement all the new features of callback functions of version 1.7.0 of thinbasic. And study a real movement for the ball.
    And also add sound in the game.

I Hope it's good for you

Ciao,
    Simone
    Attached Files Attached Files
    LapTop Pc: 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo T7200 • 2GB 533MHz DDR2 RAM • 160GB hard disk • 512MB ATi Mobility Radeon X1600 graphics • Win Vista SP1<br />Desktop Pc: 1.6GHz Intel Core 2&nbsp; • 2GB DDR2 RAM •&nbsp; 1024MB Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT • WinXp&nbsp; SP3

Re: Arkanoid (a more 3D Version)

Hi,

the level it's text file into the Maps Folder
    For change the ball speed there is SPEED under BALL definition
    For Example:

BALL
    MAX_BALL;2
    RADIUS;0.25
    COLOR;0;200;0
    SPEED;28 change the ball speed Here.
    END_BALL

Ciao,
    Simone
    LapTop Pc: 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo T7200 • 2GB 533MHz DDR2 RAM • 160GB hard disk • 512MB ATi Mobility Radeon X1600 graphics • Win Vista SP1<br />Desktop Pc: 1.6GHz Intel Core 2&nbsp; • 2GB DDR2 RAM •&nbsp; 1024MB Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT • WinXp&nbsp; SP3

Cool, that really has potential. Keep it up, I like it.

Thanks Simone!,

new version is very nice, the bonuses make the gameplay very entertaining, and the falling bricks are very good effect.

Petr
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

Thanks guys,

With the new Features of Tbgl and callbacks There are many possibilities to improve and complete the script! ;D.

Ciao,
    Simone

dear simone

thank you for the game I would very like to test it too, but I have got an error message like this one... does anybody can help?

best regards, Lionheart

ps: I have unzipped the arkanoid files and start it with "livello2.level" in maps folder...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    you can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you might find, you get what you need

Lionheart,

I think the problem is at line:
    [code=thinbasic] TBGL_USEVSYNC %TRUE[/code]
    It requires latest preview thinBasic version 1.7.0.0.
    What thinBasic version do you have installed right now?

Try to comment out that line. But maybe the cursor will jump on screen.

I know, there is a little confusion right now on versioning due to our tests on 1.7.0.0 but this will soon finish.
    Eros
    www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community/ | help.thinbasic.com
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

Hi LionHeart,

I've to check this error because i tried the script with a version 1.6.0.10 of thinbasic and does not appear the error of VSYNC.

I'm Sorry about that ! :-[

Ciao,
    Simone

P.S. For now i have refreshed the script with the change of minversion to 1.7.0.0 of thinbasic, in the first post.

Good morning Simone

You are welcome!

Yes, it doesn't matter, I am not so angry about that, I will load and try the new thinbasic release today again, yesterday I have got some very strange error messages while downloading thinbasic... (1.7.0.0)...

Today everything is going fine on my pc machine :

Even my little open gl example runs as I wished... the devil doesn't sleep at night ;-)

;D Good work you have done, I am sure! - I am curious how it is to play with arkanoid...

by the way: How long do you have built at this script? It's hard work, isn't it?

now it's time for dog walking, see you perhaps here, have a nice day, ciao und servus,
    Lionheart

I will check the game today again and give a message to you here...
    you can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you might find, you get what you need

Hi Lionheart,

I'm happy that the script run now on your PC.
    And thanks for your compliments.

This version of Arkanoid it's not complete yet, but it's a skeleton for the complete version, with the new features of thinbasic.

the arkanoid project was started a few months ago, but was not very hard to implements ideas at the script, because the works that have done Petr with TBGL it's great and thinbasic it's very simple and powerful to use.

Now the works on the script it's to create a real ball movement.

Ciao,
    Simone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast