Thread: Problems / ThinAir

Problems / ThinAir

Hi Roberto,

new tab control in ThinAir is very good, but it has some issues:
    • When I open two files and swap between them using CTRL+TAB or CTRL+SHIFT, the highlighted tab does not change to actual script
    • When I create new script, tab title shows just ".tbasic", when I save the file under some name, tab still shows ".tbasic"
    • When I create two new scripts, and right click on tab, it asks me if I want to save file and closes it, but tab remains on the place ( probably related to previous ).
    • Closing tab using right click is unusual, could it be done using middle button like in firefox? I have associated right button with context menu rather than killing tabs
    • When I open thinAir, it sometimes does not want to show or manifests corrupted layout

I am sorry for such a pesimist-list, but it would be nice to have it fixed :-[

Thanks,
    Petr
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

Re: Problems / ThinAir

Quote Originally Posted by Psch
    • Closing tab using right click is unusual, could it be done using middle button like in firefox? I have associated right button with context menu rather than killing tabs
    Do you mean the mouse wheel? Or, is your mouse a different configuration? Closing the tab to me would be akward with a mouse wheel.

Could the context menu have an option to close the tab, for those who don't want to use the middle button? But, at the same time, have the middle button close the tab as well?

I don't know. I haven't tried it myself. I am assuming this is for the new release, which I have not requested yet.

Mark ???

Hi,

yes, it is related to current top secret :P work in progress 1.7.0.0 version.
    By middle mouse button I meant mousewheel.
    But believe me or not I have a mouse with 3 buttons and no wheel at home as well. Historical piece

Thanks for your input, it did not ocurred to me that somebody could dislike middle button tab closing. Your idea with context menu / Close tab is better.

Petr

Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

http://community.thinbasic.com/index...;topicseen#new

Middle Button Click for closing file like major browsers? Hmm, actually isn't supported as Tab control notification message.
    I'll have to check.

Ciao,
    Roberto
    http://www.thinbasic.com

Fixed all issues except:

• When I open thinAir, it sometimes does not want to show or manifests corrupted layout. (Because I can't detect the wrong behaviour).
    • Closing tab using right click is unusual, could it be done using middle button like in firefox? I have associated right button with context menu rather than killing tabs. (Because I don't know how to get the middle click notification message from the tab control.)

Notice that I added the Kill me from disk item to the File menu for easily delete unwanted files from disk, the file that will be deleted is the current opened and selected script.

You'll find these update in the next ThinBASIC release.

Bye,
    Roberto

Hi Roberto,

your fixes seems ok to me, brutal murder of file from context menu as well!

Thank you,
    Petr

Hi Petr,

indeed kill me is too brutal, better to change with remove me from disk :-[

Ciao,
    Roberto

No problem Roberto,

it sounded interesting

Petr