Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RMChart

RMChart

Hello,

I would like to known how I can use the last version of the RMChart dll (4.12) with ThinBasic.

Thank's for your help

Re: RMChart

Hi fefe.

Currently we distribute RMChart version 3.1.1.0 that is a quite old version but with a lot of features for what we needed so far. I have authorization from Rainer Morgen (RMChart author) to ditribute and use this version.

I need to contact again Rainer Morgen and ask if I can move to version 4.12 that is current latest one.

I will let you know.

Eros
    www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community/ | help.thinbasic.com
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

Forget to tell you that of course you can get latest RMChart from official web site and use it inside thinBasic as far as declared functions didn't change their syntax. If some function change its syntax, you have to change them manually in thinBasic include file. But I think most (if not all) are the same but I didn't check.

In any case I'm contacting Rainer Morgen asking authorization. If I will get it, I will check new declare file.

Ciao
    Eros
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

Hi Eros,

Thank's for your answer. I known that there are some new functions in RMChart like RMC_Zoom, which are very useful.

very good day

Fefe

I've already sent a mail to Rainer but I've got back an automail that say he is on vacation and wait till he will be back.
    In the meantime I will download latest RMChart and start checking function definition. Should be quite easy to port because thinBasic function declare is very close to Power Basic one.

Thanks for the info about zooming. Seems very interesting.
    Eros

fefe,

I didn't get any reply so far but made some test with RMChart version 4.1.2
    All seems working fine just copying new included file and new DLL. So if you need to go manually do the following:

download RMChart 412 from RMChart web site at http://www.rmchart.com/rmc/Downloads.htm getting rmchart_dll.zip file. From that file do the following:
    • extract RMChart.DLL and replace the one released with thinBasic installation in \thinBasic\Bin\ directory
    • extract \POWERBASIC\rmchart.inc include file and replace the one released with thinBAsic installation in \thinBasic\Inc\ directory

You should have now RMChart 412 working with thinBasic example.

Hope this can help in the meantime I get back info from Rainer.

Ciao
    Eros

I just tested new Zooming functions: very impressive for data analysis.
    If I will get authorization, I will prepare some specific scripts only for chart zooming.

Hi Eros,

I have made the changes. It's works fine with a modified RMChartDemo example (just add RMC_Zoom %ID_RMC1,2 before
    RMC_Draw %ID_RMC1 ).
    But if I put the same line in my code, I get an error code 18, Unknown Keyword in line RMC_ZOOM(%ID_RMC1,2), token found : RMC_ZOOM

I don't find the mistake. Without the line, the script runs well.

Thank's for your answer

fefe,

I just did exactly what you did and here all is working fine. I can zoom chart in/out with mouse.
    Please be sure you have copied latest RMChart.dll and you do not have other versions around.

To check if you are using latest DLL, add the following line into your script at the beginning, before the #INCLUDE ... directive:

#DEFAULT DECLARE CheckMissing %TRUE

in this way:

'---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    '---Include needed files
    '---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    #DEFAULT DECLARE CheckMissing %TRUE
    #include "%APP_INCLUDEPATH%\RMChart.inc"

This line tells thinBasic to check inside the DLL and report if the declared function is present or not.
    If RMC_Zoom is missing, it means thinBasic is loading a different RMChart.dll version.

Let me know.
    Eros

Hi Eros,

I found the problem. I had an old rmchart.dll in the same folder than my script.
    I should perhaps give the complete file path rather than "%APP_INCLUDEPATH%\RMChart.inc" in the script ?

Thank's for all

Very good day

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.