Thread: Does M15 format support model's bones?

Does M15 format support model's bones?

Hi,

I was here thinking that, does M15 format support bones that can be made with blender (I have newest version 2.45).
    And are there other 3D model formats that TBGL supports?
    ¯\_†_/¯º¯¹¯²¯³¯\_†_/¯³¯²¯¹¯º¯\_†_/¯

Re: Does M15 format support model's bones?

Hi Misthema,

TBGL uses M15 fileformat for the models. In this format you can export textured geometry from Blender using exporter.
    But to be honest, loading of bones from files is part in which TBGL has to improve.

You can define bones "manually" using TBGL_m15Def bone, we managed to create few basic human ( walk, run, interaction ) and animal ( manta in the sea ) and even facial animations for both human and chimpanzee.

But I have good news for you - I am now working a lot on bone system, as also Mike needs it better for its B3D importer.
    I have Blender 2.45 installed too, so I will have a look in which format Blender stores this data.

Many apologies it is not yet on the level it would deserve, but recently I was focusing on other parts.
    Do not worry, this will improve.

Which kind of animation do you want use - robot like ( independent parts ) or some similar to human?

Here are some achievements on the field of animations during long time :

Human head animation ( in the attachement of linked post )

Very basic animation of very cheaply done UFO

Mantas in the sea

Basic human walk/run

Horde of zombies

Chimpanzee ( with possible manual control ) is attached ( one of the eldest animation scripts done in thinBASIC )

I might expand M15 specification for bone support, but first I need to prepare fast and stable background for it in TBGL.

Bye,
    Petr
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.