View Poll Results: How did you discover thinBasic?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Software downloads web site (possibly state which one)

4 12.12%
  • Other forums (possibly state which one)

9 27.27%
  • A suggestion from a friend

2 6.06%
  • OpenGl web sites (possibly state which one)

1 3.03%
  • Programming web site (possibly state which one)

8 24.24%
  • Social forum (possibly state which one)

0 0%
  • Other, please indicate what

3 9.09%
  • Search engine

6 18.18%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How did you discover thinBasic?

some contemplations about my usage of thinbasic
    for me it is an extremely rich language,
    it has a huge number of functions to deal with strings, it has 80-bit extended-precision math usefull for astronomy calc,
    it has canvas graphics which are persistent to the screen.,
    and it has the opengl like module TBGL with a huge number of functions and methods in wich we may keep studying for years, and i am now studying the 3D modeling.
    it has an inside compiler lurking as a secret weapon called oxygen module in which the professionals can use assembly code.
    and the most important it is now stable, until now with the new version i havn't experienced a crash, also no stray thinbasic.exe in the memory when we exit or after an error.
    dealing with files are great, when we use Uses "FILE"
    then we can save something to a file without opening it first this is done internaly, such as:

Uses "file"
    Dim myStr As String = "hello world"
    FILE_Save("hello.txt", myStr)

it will creat hello.txt file and fill it with the string.

there are also many other merits and innovations which can fill many pages.

Thanks Richard.

And we will continue to improve the language and supporting tools.
    www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community/ | help.thinbasic.com
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

Thanks zak.

Thanks a lot.

The fact you find all such options in the language is because we also use thinBasic (as programming language and tools) so we sometimes see what other wants just because we use it and not just develop it.
    Plus the fact that many suggestions made here in forum as been developed. Suggestions that are stimulated by the usage of thinBasic. And we are always very open to listen to other ideas and possibly develop them.

And I cannot not give a great merit to the programming language we use to develop thinBasic and from which I was inspired: PowerBasic.
    It is a great great compiler, stable, produce ultra fast optimized code and it is full of features too.

Ciao
    Eros
    www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community/ | help.thinbasic.com
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

Power Basic forum

I had been using another BASIC variant with a little success. Nothing major in scope when it came to writing the code. Then it blew up when I started getting underway with my latest project. Something about a large matrix caused it to crash and I knew I needed to find something more robust.

A couple of years ago I had tried another variant of BASIC, but there were too many unknowns/questions that just didn't make me want to try it out. A search on Google turned up thinBasic and I'm glad I found it. Familiar enough to the days of old when I used Microsoft's BASIC PDS 7.1, but advanced to match the 21st century way of doing things.

Tonight I'm formulating the procedure(s) involved with working with 3601x3601 matrixes, sometimes four at a time. I feel confident that thinBasic will be up to the task. I just hope the programmer is!

As what's termed a "back-handed compliment" here in the States, I'm going to need to learn enough Visual Basic Express 2010 to interface with a .Net based .DLL file to retrieve some in-game data. I'll only try to learn what's required to accomplish that task. The rest of the programming that I will do will be based in thinBasic.

https://alternativeto.net/software/thinbasic/
    ThinBasic 1.11.6.0 ALPHA - Windows 8.1 x64

I think either the old IBasic forum or the Codingmonkeys forum, not sure. It has been sooooo long since that time.

For info http://www.codingmonkeys.com/ will be shut down 1 Jan 2019
    ThinBasic 1.11.6.0 ALPHA - Windows 8.1 x64

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123