Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PCopy! #60 released.

Re: PCopy! #60 released.

Hi Psch, glad you liked my Open Source articles . There's more I'd like to write about on the subject, and there's a couple other related subjects that aren't exactly programming per se that I think any programmer that want's to get serious with his coding (Commercial or not) I figured PCOPY! isnt' a bad place to write about them ;-).

As for the character mix up, which version of windows and where do you live? maybe it's a unicode issue more than anything else :-)

When God created light, so too was born, the first Shadow!<br /><br />MystikShadows

Happy to hear more articles will follow!

Regarding my character problem ...

I use Windows XP SP2 + Updates, Czech localization ( lot of weird characters in the language by default ).
    Try to seek in PCOPY 60 in your browser following: "multiple items". I got what you can see on the picture.

It is the same in IE7 and FF2.0.0.11.

Interesting is that apostrophe is displayed correctly in whole text except mentioned articles for example.

Bye,
    Petr
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

Hi Psch.

Im confused now since i cant figure out the problem..or what causes it.
    I tested with 3 linux browsers (Finnish), asked my friend from Sweden to try it (XP + IE & Opera & FF) and no problems + lot's of peoples around the world has looked this issue and no reports of this kind of problem.

Maybe certain character combinations makes a mess or something...
    Ideas? Would be nice to fix this.
    Something funny should read here?

Hi,

it can be just my CZ localized Windows and browsers... not sure. It would be not their first difference in behaviour comparing to other language versions.

One thing is that PCOPY has not specified any charset in META tag, could that cause it somehow?

But hey, not so big trouble. I thought it is something everybody experiences, but if it is just me than no problem.
    I can always run the fixing script or just ignore those characters.
    I will also try to test on more PCs.

Bye,
    Petr
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

Thanks for PCopy #60. I will head over to read it after I do the forums reads. Sounds like a lot of interesting articles, thanks again!
    Acer Notebook: Win 10 Home 64 Bit, Core i7-4702MQ @ 2.2Ghz, 12 GB RAM, nVidia GTX 760M and Intel HD 4600
    Raspberry Pi 3: Raspbian OS use for Home Samba Server and Test HTTP Server

HOpe you like it Kryton9.

Just so you guys know, I recently added a category on our forum at http://forum.basicprogramming.org/ under PCOPY where you can make suggestions about what you'd like contributors to write about in upcoming issues.

Want to learn how to do something, want to know how a certain BASIC dialect works, want a review of a given dialect to be made? doesn't matter what you want, post it there, this way they won't be forgotten about and from then we'll see what we can do about including atleast some of them in each issue.

So if you have an idea, go ahead and suggest it, if you happen to have time and can write about one of the suggestions already there, feel free, we welcome contributions as you probably already know by now :-)>

When God created light, so too was born, the first Shadow!<br /><br />MystikShadows

I'm enjoying the new release very much. I can't believe the amount of great content you guys put out in such a short time. My hats off to you guys!
    Acer Notebook: Win 10 Home 64 Bit, Core i7-4702MQ @ 2.2Ghz, 12 GB RAM, nVidia GTX 760M and Intel HD 4600
    Raspberry Pi 3: Raspbian OS use for Home Samba Server and Test HTTP Server

Thank you kryton but the real thanks goes to the peoples who contributes contents to us. I only did make interview and build the issue.
    Something funny should read here?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12