Thread: Probably my mistake, but...

Probably my mistake, but...

I'm very new to thinBasic, I really like it so far, but when trying to use thinBundle, I can't get anything to run at all.

Example, opening the Service_List_Local.tbasic file from the OS folder under SampleScripts, I select Tools, Bundle, pick an output folder, then click Make. I then navigate to that folder and try to run the Service_List_Local.exe file, and nothing happens. I have view hidden files turned on in Explorer, so I can see the files get written, and if I run the FF.tbasic file, it launches just fine. I've tried simple console apps with the same results.

Am I missing something in the thinBundle window? I'm using the current preview version - 1.4.0.1.

Thanks
    Matt

Re: Probably my mistake, but...

Hello Matt and a big welcome here.

This preview version can't create a bundle right now. Usually it can but because of previous holidays, the security functions in thinBundle still need to be updated to the current version of tB. If you need a bundle right now, you have to use the stable version. I'm sure that Eros and Roberto will make this function working again soon.

Anyway, if you have questions about thinBasic or something else, just ask. We are all here to help each other. Where did you heard of thinBasic?

Best wishes
    Michael

Hi Matt,

no, it is not your mistake. As Mike already said, thinBundle is not working in thinBasic preview version 1.4.0.1
    Reason is that we had to switch off security in thinCore.dll (main thinBasic engine) for the holiday period. Roberto and I will recover this by the end of September when the new stable version will be out and a new preview version will start.

In the meanwhile you can either:
    • use preview version with plain scripts if scripts need functionalites present in 1.4.0.1
    • if script you want to bundle does not need 1.4.0.1 functionalities, install stable version 1.4.0.0 and than bundle

I'm sorry about that but it is just a temp situation :-[

Ciao and welcome here.
    Eros
    www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community/ | help.thinbasic.com
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

Thanks! I'll switch to the stable version and try it out.

I honestly can't recall where I saw the original link to the site (probably digg), I've had it on my mobile phone for a long time, and kept forgetting to visit it on a PC where I could actually download it and try it out. I'm glad I did!

As a side note, any chance there will be WMI or more remote capabilities (particularly in the OS section) - it is nice that the service and process functions work remotely, but it would be really nice to be able to query other things that I normally do from VBScript or PowerShell.

Thanks!
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by mhillmer
    As a side note, any chance there will be WMI or more remote capabilities (particularly in the OS section) - it is nice that the service and process functions work remotely, but it would be really nice to be able to query other things that I normally do from VBScript or PowerShell.
    who knows ... who knows ...

Stay tuned!
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

Quote Originally Posted by ErosOlmi
    Quote Originally Posted by mhillmer
    who knows ... who knows ...

Stay tuned!
    See http://community.thinbasic.com/index...sg8207#msg8207