Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: New Logo for thinBasic

Re: New Logo for thinBasic

Hi,

MakeHuman is interesting project indeed, so far I created nice monsters using it

Kent, your picture is nice, I can almost see it like animation.

Imagine this B&W scene, just the floor and letters. Then there will come more and more people and start to play on the big letters like on drums. This effort will result in fading the letters to color ( thin orange, BASIC blue ). Then there will popup the sentence - "thinBASIC, scripting for people" or something underlining the community factor of tB.
    Well, quite tough to do I think, but the picture invoked this scene in my mind.

Bye,
    Petr
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

Ken,

I like very much your example! WOW.

A personal note:
    the idea that come to my mind at first see it is that "we are building thinBasic". Humans are building thinBasic letters.
    So maybe humans should be faced on the other side of thinBasic letters and building something else. What do you think?

In any case it remains brilliant. Can I use somewhere in the web?
    Thanks so much.
    Eros
    www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community/ | help.thinbasic.com
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

You guys are very creative ! Nice work !

I have a question. What does the tag-line "Your automation script engine..." mean?

Is the language targeted towards system administrators, or does this have something to do with factory automation? Seems to me this language is powerful and multi-purpose. When I think thinBasic, I think "Powerful scripting for people...".

I'm not suggesting changing the tag-line, but being new here, I don't know the history of the language or the direction the developers want to take. What do you guys want people to think when they hear/see the term "thinBasic"?

Randall

You are again right on this feeling.

That tag-line was from the very beginning of thinBasic project when thinBasic was nothing more than a little automation application reading few lines of instructions, and interpreting them in ordert o make sequential operations.

In the past we started a thread in order to find a new motto: http://community.thinbasic.com/index.php?topic=793.0
    As usual thinBasic users come out with nice ideas but I didn't consider them at that time. I have to give my excuses on that.

Maybe new logo is also the right time to reconsider this aspect.

Thanks for refreshing it.
    Eros
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

Glad you guys liked it, but the idea came from Randall's post and also inspired by what Mike an Petr had done.

Mike and Petr, makehuman, wow that sounds nice, I have to look that up!!

Eros, you can use anything here that is why they are up, but I don't mind working on it more.

I didn't put the people in front as it would cover the letters, I thought about your idea at first too.

This one is more like Petr's interpretation, the people are playing thinBasic, or using it like at a console or instrument panel.

What i was thinking of adding to the background, was list of what can be done with thinBasic instead of that white wall.
    So the list would be on the wall but not as strong as the rest of the image.

So once we can finalize on ideas I can work on it with pleasure!
    Acer Notebook: Win 10 Home 64 Bit, Core i7-4702MQ @ 2.2Ghz, 12 GB RAM, nVidia GTX 760M and Intel HD 4600
    Raspberry Pi 3: Raspbian OS use for Home Samba Server and Test HTTP Server

Here is a test I did tonight, trying to get that community building thinBasic idea... since it was a test, I found this photo of that guy with his arm up with the sun and I altered it quite a bit and sort of made thinBasic logo a part of the picture... even if I had done a crowd holding up thinBasic, I don't think it is going to work, but it was fun working on this.

I will go back and tweak the other one a lot more and see what else I can come up with.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Acer Notebook: Win 10 Home 64 Bit, Core i7-4702MQ @ 2.2Ghz, 12 GB RAM, nVidia GTX 760M and Intel HD 4600

Ken,

this is another very nice. I imagine it fading from black with a nice background music.

Thanks a lot
    Eros

Glad you liked it Eros! Here is an update test of the other one but in color with changes. Still a work in progress.

Hi folks,

here are some other ideas. Like the other logos before, all are made with inkscape and are royalty free.

Michael

Hi Eros,

must the new logo be suitable for business cards and printed stuff too?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast