Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 9 terrain matrix

9 terrain matrix

Hi Guys, I made a 9 tile terrain to use for tests and I thought I would post them here too so you guys can use them for your tests and developments.

The 9 terrains line up as following:
    1 2 3
    4 5 6
    7 8 9

If you open them up in the model viewer, the first terrain will be visible.
    Then set it to smooth and turn lighting on.

Then turn on terrains 2 - 9 visibility on as well as the smooth and lighting.

Then I recommend you got to terrain 1, by pressing 1 on the keyboard
    and then CTRL+L for lock, this locks all the other terrains to terrain 1.

Now you can move, scale the terrain and all the other terrains will match.

Happy experimenting. There are no textures for the terrains. with lighting
    and smooth on it looks good enough for testing
    Acer Notebook: Win 10 Home 64 Bit, Core i7-4702MQ @ 2.2Ghz, 12 GB RAM, nVidia GTX 760M and Intel HD 4600
    Raspberry Pi 3: Raspbian OS use for Home Samba Server and Test HTTP Server

Re: 9 terrain matrix

Thanks Kent, which model viewer. Petr's or yours? Yours never ran for me.

Hi,

current thinEdge_Viewer.exe will not like the vertexcount ( but you can specify it using command line parameter ).
    To make our life easier, here is attached version which will load terrains ok without this requirement.

I updated the m15 latest downloads ( both script and model package ) topic.

Bye,
    Petr

P.S. Nice models! Perlin stuff I presume
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

Mike, I was using mine. I don't know why mine didn't work for you. I am planning the next version anyways...
    it got too complicated quickly this way.
    Acer Notebook: Win 10 Home 64 Bit, Core i7-4702MQ @ 2.2Ghz, 12 GB RAM, nVidia GTX 760M and Intel HD 4600

Quote Originally Posted by Psch
    Hi,

current thinEdge_Viewer.exe will not like the vertexcount ( but you can specify it using command line parameter ).
    To make our life easier, here is attached version which will load terrains ok without this requirement.

I updated the m15 latest downloads ( both script and model package ) topic.

Bye,
    Petr

P.S. Nice models! Perlin stuff I presume
    Thanks Petr, will give it a look.

The models I made in Blender using a plugin, I think it was called ANT, written in python. I then saved each tile out separately using Mike's exporter.

Quote Originally Posted by kryton9
    Mike, I was using mine. I don't know why mine didn't work for you. I am planning the next version anyways...
    it got too complicated quickly this way.
    When I got aware of your viewer you only posted updated scripts. So i was missing the other files that you load by default and got a lot of erros. I was not motivated to look through the whole topic to find the other downloads.

Kent,

maybe we could add your model composer - "complete edition" to m15 dowloads.
    I must admit I had some troubles to put things together too

Bye,
    Petr
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

Petr, hold off till the next version as it will be a lot different and a lot more user friendly.

I just erased my desktop computer tonight again, With all my language excursions the last 2 weeks, it got all cluttered.
    I decided I will just install thinBasic and MSVC++ and try to stick to those 2 languages for now. I need to focus and learn c++.
    One good thing it will give you time to work on tbgl without me bugging you all the time and distracting you

I will work on the next version of the model viewer in the coming days before I get back into c++.

I had to take Delphi off as it just lured me away from c++ with its niceness, too bad it is not the norm of world, but so much info and examples out there for c++ I have to go with it. But I think that will be the way to go for my life long epic game development.

Anyways I hope to have the new model viewer in a few days, at least a good start on it.

Quote Originally Posted by kryton9
    I decided I will just install thinBasic and MSVC++ and try to stick to those 2 languages for now. I need to focus and learn c++.
    Hey Ken,

I cannot feel more honoured about that.
    Reading from all your posts here and in other forums (like CodingMonkeys) it seems you have tested many programming languages. If you have decided to remain with thinBasic and MSVC++ it means thinBasic has something special (at least for you and for us). A little but significative reason to go on even more.

Thanks a lot
    Eros

www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community/ | help.thinbasic.com
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

One good thing it will give you time to work on tbgl without me bugging you all the time and distracting you
    ;D you are never bugging! Thanks to your ideas I can push TBGL to be more usable.

Regading your model composer/viewer - what about more mouse support ? With curent TBGL arsenal, you could manage model placing, moving and rotating just via mouse ( when mouse over model, 3 arrows for XYZ could appear and depending on mouse button you could drag or rotate around that axis )...

Thanks,
    Petr

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.