Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Irrlicht module: unofficial preview 3

Thank you maxim very much, i have downloaded most of the files, i run the test_python26.bat and see that there are improved files and a new files , i also enjoyed the great toy VehicleSceneNode and thanks for this.
    the info when i run the batch is:
    Irrlicht Engine version 1.8.0-alpha
    Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3
    Using renderer: OpenGL 3.3.0
    GeForce 210/PCI/SSE2: NVIDIA Corporation
    OpenGL driver version is 1.2 or better.
    GLSL version: 3.3
    you may need to upload more media files , i have found the media folder in http://sourceforge.net/projects/irrl...3.zip/download works okay to texture many examples
    regarding the cross shadow problem i have added the model cross.obj to the example specialFX.py and there is a shadow

so i guess it is because you are using irrlicht v 1.8, while my thinbasic example above are using the wrapper which depends on an older version. in fact the developer of freebasic wrapper stop its developing and the last post in the freebasic forum is 3 july 2011
    the example specialFX works better for me when using the opengl, there are some problems with displaying the fire.
    i attach the same your python example specialFX_cross and specialFX_dwarf with its media files http://www.mediafire.com/?dc7itudk4c5z15z . works great with the new irrlicht_c.dll except the fire which are not displayed when i use opengl and displayed erroneously when using directx3d9 , but the fire is displayed okay and realistic like this in the dev-cpp irrlicht 1.3

as displayed by the same example in irrlicht 1.3 using dev-cpp.
    but all in all it is great
    Last edited by zak; 28-02-2012 at 05:49.

Yes, you right, 1.8 have strange effect with particle system.
    Thank you for found this.
    I made support for Irrlicht 1.7.3 and commit revision to SVN, also add new chess gui example (require chess.ttf).
    For testing with irrlicht_c_173.dll reverse comment in pyirrlicht.py on lines 49 and 50 (c_module = ctypes.CDLL(...))

now it works, the light and the fire as should be, thanks maxim, the picture below is the same whether i use driverType = OpenGL or = DIRECT3D9 , it seems v 1.73 are better and also works correctly with DIRECT3D9.

ok
    1.8 version valid work with EDT_BURNINGSVIDEO

also see new 2d game bricka (a breakout clone), original version developed by Leonel Machava, this demonstrate Irrlicht collisions detection
    bricka_i.py from SVN

using driverType = EDT_BURNINGSVIDEO works for me with v1.8 in the specialFX example there is the light and the fire but too slow. also works with bricka_j in python26.
    i will install python 3.2.2 , but i remember i can't install opengl on 3.x contrary to v2.6. i will see.
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ErosOlmi View Post
    Hi all.

3rd unofficial preview Irrlicht module wrapper for thinBasic.

Due to file size, we will not attach new release to post.
    Please download it from http://www.thinbasic.com/public/prod...rlicht_pv3.zip
    Size: 4.8Mb

Before using it, please delete all previous sample Irrlicht scripts and related files. We are considering to create a dedicated SetUp_IrrlichtModuleWrapper.exe file for future updates. We will see.

Anyhow, Unzip in thinBasic directory maintaining directory structure.
    Then go under thinBasic\SampleScripts\Irrlicht\ and execute thinBasic script samples. If not working let us know.

Attention:
    • irrlicht.DLL MUST be located into thinBasic.EXE executable folder in order to work. We are thinking how to avoid this but for the moment that is the way

Some thinBasic_Irrlicht module info:
    • developer: Roberto
    • module is developed using MS C/C++
    • thinBasic module wrapper is under development using thinBasic SDK for MS C/C++
    • irrlicht.DLL is compressed using UPX 3.00w original is about 1.4Mb while the one we distribute is about 510Kb
    • due to under development status and dll size, we will not deliver this module with official thinBasic release but we will keep a parallel temp project.
      Later, when quite stable, we will decide how to go on

Have fun and please let us know if all is working fine on your box.
    If not working, please tell us your OS and hardware config.

Ciao
    Eros
    I think memory resource is still more important than hard disk, if a dll or exe is compressed by UPX,the file size reduces,but it will cost extra memory to run.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345