Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Models

Re: Models

Let me know of any changes you would like to it, I like the challenge as it helps me learn. If all is Ok, I will work on the textures. I noticed I resized the texture from 1024 down to 256 and the letttering looks blurry. I meant to try 512 for the texture size.

THanks for the vertex count numbers. I am going to put them in my notes and try to stick within those limits in all designs.

I forgot to mention, once I get the design, I will make 3 textures, one as you see here, new model very clean.
    Texture 2 will be a worn down texture of a ship that has been in use.

Texture 3 will be one that has been through a battle or very tough area for non weaponed ships.

Also you might want to zoom inside the body to see what it looks like inside. I didn't put any detail like floors and seats, but it gives you and idea of what the cockpit area will be like.

Which brings me to the cockpit. Did you like the idea of a partial 3d Set as I made in the cockpit example, or did you want more of a game like control panel, but done in 3D? Where you don't see the seats, or sides really but just out front and useful readout and video screen?
    Acer Notebook: Win 10 Home 64 Bit, Core i7-4702MQ @ 2.2Ghz, 12 GB RAM, nVidia GTX 760M and Intel HD 4600
    Raspberry Pi 3: Raspbian OS use for Home Samba Server and Test HTTP Server

Quote Originally Posted by Psch
    This - looks - awesome !,

thanks a lot! I like the design a lot now.

Regarding vertex limit... For "occasional" ships I would go to ~1500 vertices, for ships which should appear in hordes around 700-1000.
    I think for spacestations up to 2500 would be ok.

We will render them from display lists anyway, so speed should not be problem.

Good idea with easter eggs

Thanks a lot again,
    Petr
    Thanks Petr for the info. I think it is enough polys to create something decent. Smoothing will help alot and good textures even more. I took a little brake from modeling and doing anything productive the last week. Also caused by a change at work that took a lot out of me but it looks like I get more freetime now and hopefuly can be more productive again.

Hi guys,

kryton, good idea. For bigger models 512x512 should be ok.
    Thanks a lot for your work

Regarding cockpit, I was finally thinking of basic interier, chair would be nice, but probably no displays - all would be integrated in flight helmet / glasses. This will allow to have all info accessible at any time.

Mike, any modelling from your part would be super, if you will have time

Bye,
    Petr
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

Problem is I don't wanna interfear with Kents work, so I'm not sure what to work on besides the cinematic I posted a test for.

Mike,

I think you are the right one who can do the classic stinky bug in little bit highpolier ( hehe, what a word ) form.

If I understand it correctly, kryton concentrates on ships of "good ones", so you could pick the "evil ones" ?

I can see you both have very nice and unique style, so each doing opposite sides of barricade will be perfect, assuring different style while maintaining top quality.

What do you think ?

Bye,
    Petr
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

You mean a higher poly version of stinky bug for in the game?

Do you need more lowpoly enemy ships?

Mike you are never interfering. Yes, please model away and as Petr said I thought we were sort of splitting it up I do earth ships you do enemy ships, but at the same time if you feel inspired for a ship on earth side go ahead and model. It is all for the game so I want to see what works best.

If you want to do some space stations too, please do. We can always use all models in the backgrounds etc. SO the more models the merrier.

I will also get into music in a month or so, I hope to be setup for it by then. So it will take some load off you that way too.

Petr, since this a shuttle and not a fighter, I woudl think the consoles would have the controls as there is space in the ship for it, as in star trek. I think the fighters could have the heads up display minimal cockpit.

What do you think?
    Acer Notebook: Win 10 Home 64 Bit, Core i7-4702MQ @ 2.2Ghz, 12 GB RAM, nVidia GTX 760M and Intel HD 4600

Good point,

please do what you have taste for, I don't want to force you to do something!

kryton, nice idea.
    I would prefer all dynamic info on helmet and then I was also thinking of clickable cockpit ( you could press buttons on the dashboard ) to switch something on off. This would be optional.
    Because some dynamic displays mapped LCDs would need multipass render, which maybe would not be so terrible, but to keep it simple...

Bye,
    Petr

To much freedom Petr

Quote Originally Posted by Psch
    I would prefer all dynamic info on helmet and then I was also thinking of clickable cockpit ( you could press buttons on the dashboard ) to switch something on off. This would be optional.
    Because some dynamic displays mapped LCDs would need multipass render, which maybe would not be so terrible, but to keep it simple...
    I guess when we have more tests available it will be easier. Once I get the ship shape locked down I will redo 2 cockpit versions as a start and then you can add the helmet displays and we can see how they work together, also throw in a video message from Mike into the display screen

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast