Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: TopDown Characters

Re: TopDown Characters

Yes, that sounds logical to me.

You are right Petr, but that is a lot to get the engine to that great point. You have your hands full!!
    Acer Notebook: Win 10 Home 64 Bit, Core i7-4702MQ @ 2.2Ghz, 12 GB RAM, nVidia GTX 760M and Intel HD 4600
    Raspberry Pi 3: Raspbian OS use for Home Samba Server and Test HTTP Server

I know kryton ,

but in last years I have feeling I am making the same games just with different models/environment. I need to evolve skills a bit or I will remain obsolete

Bye,
    Petr
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

Petr, TopDown is pretty different from RoboDuell.

I feel the same way at times. That is what is good about games, so much to learn and do that there always seems something you can do better each time. Topdown is pushing us all and making life fun!!
    Acer Notebook: Win 10 Home 64 Bit, Core i7-4702MQ @ 2.2Ghz, 12 GB RAM, nVidia GTX 760M and Intel HD 4600

Hi guys,

I have one idea - that 3rd person part on stations would be interesting, but quite redundant - lot of extra modeling and animating but from player point of view just nonsense walking.
    I think we could follow this plot on station - There would be 3D station in all its beauty displayed on background ( maybe just detail like hangar ) and in foreground there would be simple GUI with heads of people ready to talk to you ( Boss, Nora Erikson, ... ). By clicking the head you could perform brief "interview" with optional subtitles. I think something similar was done in Aquanox and it was usable scheme for action oriented game.

Also I would like to ask any of you two guys to sketch/hq render faces of our heroes, once we know how they look it will help to "personalize" the project I know it is very hard so please take your time.

Bye,
    Petr

Bye,
    Petr
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

I got an idea to get the ball rolling. Why don't we all take the character list, and then do image searches for actors that we would like to see in those roles.

Then we could compare our image lists and then narrow down the look. Since Mike has a working Poser application, it would be easier for him, but of course lots of work to make the characters, but it would be so much faster than if I tried to do them in Blender. Or I could make them quickly, but they would look like robots

Hehe,

this is excellent idea kryton!
    It didn't occured to me to do it this way, good good !

Bye,
    Petr

Glad you liked the idea, but your idea to have visual for characters is good idea. It does help the rest of the project having personalities. Just like having the names that Mike came up with brought it a long and gave it some personality, now some visuals will do the same. So glad you brought it up!!

Ok guys, I will get you some pictures. Just head closeups?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.