Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Space environment creator by kryton9

Re: Space environment creator by kryton9

Hi kryton,

tons of interesting ideas
    I must go out from home now again, but I hope to produce some more valuable reply later today.

Thanks,
    Petr
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

I would bet some serious amount of cash that DarkBasic uses DirectShow for handling wmv files, so with OPENGL it is out of question I guess.

Mike, NeHe's lesson is with openGL. It is confusing to me for sure. I am sure with all of us thinking about it we can come up with solutions.

Petrcan't wait to read about your thoughts later tonight then.
    Acer Notebook: Win 10 Home 64 Bit, Core i7-4702MQ @ 2.2Ghz, 12 GB RAM, nVidia GTX 760M and Intel HD 4600
    Raspberry Pi 3: Raspbian OS use for Home Samba Server and Test HTTP Server

I know Kent. DarkBasic uses DirectX and there DirectShow. DirectShow does the dirty work for you, once the filters are all in place. For OpenGL something like this doesn't exist, at least to my knowledge.

Hi Kent,

Mike is right, I think DirectX, as a child of MS, has easier access to WMV.

You are right about the double buffered perception of TBGL, it really works this way.
    But - to make screenshot I use relatively dirty API way, which is not connected directly to OpenGL.

Your idea with memory bitmap is quite realizable I think - using render-to-texture mechanism. It is already in TBGL but not documented as I am not sure of some issues whcih may occur. I must study more about it.

I will have a look at the NeHe source again, there was some assembly coding if I remember it correctly.

I am sorry I am so much brief today,
    thanks a lot,
    Petr
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community/ | help.thinbasic.com
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

Eros, Roberto, Petr and Mike, if you have any ideas how we can task out some research for these matters let us know here.

Freeimage and Magick will be useful for file conversion and maybe some effects, but the texture to and from memory will be a neat trick and make all future type of graphics development really different and useful.

The wmv file as texture is doable, just need to figure out best route. So any direction will be appreciated.

added later: just found this. It says directshow and opengl are doable. So I will keep tinkering with it.
    http://www.toymaker.info/Games/html/..._video.html#A1

I think I found the killer article, but it is complex for me to grasp it all. I will read my way through about a 100 times or whatever it takes, but could one you more knowledgable say, yes this is the ticket. If I know it is the right road, I will stick to it till I get it working. But if you can see a flaw and how it would not work, I don't want to waste endless days on it. Thanks.
    http://lurkertech.com/lg/dmbuffer/video_as_texture.html
    Acer Notebook: Win 10 Home 64 Bit, Core i7-4702MQ @ 2.2Ghz, 12 GB RAM, nVidia GTX 760M and Intel HD 4600

Cool, thanks Kent for the research. This will help very much

THanks for looking at it Mike, let me know if it is worth pursuing or if you think it is a dead end with that article, when you have the time.

It is worth looking into this, definately. I didn't thought that you can mix directshow with OpenGL.
    At least a video playback on a window can be done by this. After reading a little into MCI yesterday,
    I think it can be done with it too. Once I find time, I will look into it, right now I wanna get the
    DirectInput library done (inkl. Force Feedback) and then update the Blender M15 Export Script.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast