Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Space environment creator by kryton9

Space environment creator by kryton9

Galaxy Nebula Star Creator.

File no longer Exists, sorry.

Shortcut Keys to know:
    Esc (the escape key) - to exit the program
    Spacebar - to bring the toolbox panel to the front
    S - takes a screenshot and saves it in the Screenshots folder in the application's directory.
    You need to click on the screen outside of the toolbox panel then press S.
    Then you can use Spacebar to bring the toolbox panel back to the front.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by kryton9; 10-05-2017 at 23:28.
    Acer Notebook: Win 10 Home 64 Bit, Core i7-4702MQ @ 2.2Ghz, 12 GB RAM, nVidia GTX 760M and Intel HD 4600
    Raspberry Pi 3: Raspbian OS use for Home Samba Server and Test HTTP Server

Re: TopDown with modified ship and YouTube video

KEnt, I can only say this is freaking AWESOME ! You have something commin there.

Great showoff and nice voice on the presentation.

Btw. you sound like you are 28,maybe 30. The picture I know of you looks like
    someone in the 50's maybe end of 40's. How old are you?

Anyway, GREAT job. Get this thing ready, I love it alleady!!!!

Michael

P.S.: Suggestion, it would be awesome if you can have external pictures in it, on layers. This way it would be great to compose stuff even more. Another suggestion are effects like glowing, blur, etc.

Thanks Mike glad you are excited by it. I am 50 years old. Thanks, everyone says I sound younger. That is because I am just a big kid. I still feel excited about things as when I was younger, just don't have the energy as much as I used to or can't multitask like I used to. Thanks though, nice to know at least the voice is young sounding

Your ideas are really good, but will be beyond my level at the moment. I figure the image created with the maker then can be used by the user in their favorite editing software for effects as you mention. If I ever made a commercial package of it or version, then those ideas you mentioned would be a must for sure.

I am going to order a graphics tablet, this and our game project will be a good excuse for me to get one. I always wanted one and I could see where having something like that would really help with my galaxy and nebula working. Although it is fun to go nuts with the mouse too

Thanks for watching and feedback and suggestions. I am sure once I have a version in your hands you will come up with many more ideas. I am flooded with them every day when I play with it. Can think of lots to add to it.

I can see where having a good image library will be something to work on soon. I might just release the alpha version, even now it is more than useable for our game project, and then maybe study up on my c++ more and then look into learning how to work with libraries like freeimage. Maybe that is something all of us can work on too. It will be nice to have support for jpg, png etc.

I don't know how having let' say a transparency supporting file format like png will effect tbgl? Will it allow for glass for example in our game?
    Acer Notebook: Win 10 Home 64 Bit, Core i7-4702MQ @ 2.2Ghz, 12 GB RAM, nVidia GTX 760M and Intel HD 4600

What about opening a new specific thread for this new project.
    It seems so awesome it merit a specific forum! But I want to see what come out next posts.

Ciao
    Eros
    www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community/ | help.thinbasic.com
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

kryton,

you ... you ... you ... < error - expression not found >

This is looking so great, and the controls are so intuitive.
    Great, great work, this really deserves a new thread !

Thanks,
    Petr

P.S. About transparency format - TGA over here I will show you sample soon.
    PNG would be better in terms of size, but I will show the trick on currently supported TGA
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

Glad you guys are excited by the project. Thanks it gives me energy to wake up and really get back into it today!!

TGA is a very nice format. Supported by many programs. So it will be neat to see what new tricks tbgl can do with transparency power. It will help to give ideas on how to do things for our projects.

Petr, it would be really nice when you have some time to make a tutorial video about using the bone system in m15. The reason Mike and I can then think about animating our models for the story version (if cinematic) or at least be able to set poses for them if we go the comic book story presentation. Thanks.

I will finish the version I have now without adding more layers to galaxies, nebulas and all the other zillion ideas that occur while working with it like speed buttons for now. I figure this will be a good enough alpha release and those can all be planned additions for future releases.

Thanks again for the energy guys!!

New vid, Mike's glow request was in there, sort of... forgot to show that in yesterday's vid.

link no longer works.
    Last edited by kryton9; 10-05-2017 at 23:29.

Re: Space environmant creator by kryton9

Ken,

you work is so fantastic.
    I've created this board for users tools but if you already have a name for this "present", let me know and I will make a dedicated board with you as moderator so you can sticky some messages with latest application info and attach.

Please continue here discussion on this tool.

Ciao
    Eros
    www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community/ | help.thinbasic.com
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

Re: Space environment creator by kryton9

Very nice !,

I like the glow
    Thanks a lot for the video

Petr

P.S. kryton, m15 posing is easy ... relatively .
    Using layer defined bones it is simplier, but it fits only things like robots/rigid bodies.
    Using classic bounding box way is quite ok, but sometimes it is hard to define bones this way.
    Maybe it would be easier if you could me pass sample model of character when ready and I could show it on it ?

Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

Hi Kent, thanks for releasing it in that stage, I'm looking forward to some freetime at home to give it a run.

Quote Originally Posted by kryton9
    Petr, it would be really nice when you have some time to make a tutorial video about using the bone system in m15. The reason Mike and I can then think about animating our models for the story version (if cinematic) or at least be able to set poses for them if we go the comic book story presentation. Thanks.
    I think I got the initial picture wrong then. By Cinematics I thought about rendering little movies
    inside 3D packages with high poly models. Or by comic book I thought about rendered pictures.

Well, if you guys want to go Kent's way, then we would definately need an editor for creating these cutscenes/actionscripts.

Features could be:

1) Load models (of course )
    2) set lights and cameras
    3) Particle emitters
    4) Create paths that then can be used for models, lights, cameras, particles
    5) Timeline editor functionality
    6) Sound support
    7) Ability in TBGL to do voice syncing with audio
    Save and load playback script
    9) Animate the scene content by hand, scripts or and playback model animation (once TBGL supports it)
    etc etc.

Also we would need the ability to load a such scene and the created actionscript and then play it back.
    If think that could be Kent's next task, after he is done with the Galaxy creator.

Michael

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast