Thread: thinBundle: here it is

thinBundle: here it is

I've just release first experimental thinBundle in thinBasic preview version 1.2.0.1
    IT IS EXPERIMENTAL so, please, be careful in testing it.

We are already aware of the many limitations and the many missed options so, for the moment, do not start filling forum with requests

We are more interested to see possible execution bugs, GPF (hangs), virus scanning false positive, DEP problems ( http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875352 )

How to use thinBundle?
    • edit with thinAir the script you want make executable
    • use menu tools/bundle
    • thinBundle window will start
    • enter the name of the executable
    • specify the main script to be transformed into and exe
    • in the list of files add the modules needed by the script.
      For example if the script uses TBGL and UI modules add thinBasic_TBGL.dll and thinBasic_UI.dll from thinBasic/Lib directory
    • click make
    • thinBundle window will close
    • the exe will be created in the directory from where thinAir was executed (this is s little bug we will fix)

IMPORTANT - IMPORTANT
    • Please DO NOT include main thinBasic files like thinBasic.exe, thinCore.dll, thinRes.dll, thinVL.dll, ....
      We have created special versions of those files and they will be automatically included in all bundled exe.
    • To test executables created by thinBundle, please create an empty directory, copy executable inside it and execute from there.
      This is because when executable is runned, if you are in the same directory of yur original script, it will be deleted.

OK. Feedback are now open.
    As I said, we are already aware of the limitations, of possible enanchements and some already known bugs. In any case feel free to post anything in the thinBundle forum but consider we will need some time to fix and develop them all.
    If possible, fill in a post for every bug or request. It will be more easy for us to follow them giving precise responses.

Sorry about all those recommendations but we are quite nervous to release thinBundle Not many errors checking.

Thanks
    Eros
    www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community/ | help.thinbasic.com
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

Re: thinBundle: here it is

Damn, I have to hit the bed now.

But I will test it tommorrow. Thank you guys for making this possible.

Re: thinBundle: here it is

Fasten your seatbelts, thinBasic is about to go into hyperdrive. Wow, will test it out. Thanks guys, just sounds amazing!!
    Acer Notebook: Win 10 Home 64 Bit, Core i7-4702MQ @ 2.2Ghz, 12 GB RAM, nVidia GTX 760M and Intel HD 4600
    Raspberry Pi 3: Raspbian OS use for Home Samba Server and Test HTTP Server