Thread: Delphi Module development preview

Delphi Module development preview

I think I've got a possible acceptable starting point in thinBasic module development using Delphi.

Please find here attached 2 files:
    • thinCore.zip contains a revised version of thinCore.dll.
      To be used you need to have installed thinBasic version 1.2.0.0. Please rename you current thinCore.dll in thinCore.dll_ in order to get it back in case of need and place the attached one in thinBasic directory.
    • DelphiDLLTest.zip contains the full Delphi SDK for thinBasic.
      Create a directory under thinBasic and place in there all the file present in DelphiDLLTest.zip.
      This is an example module called thinbasic_MyDelphi.dll
      After generation in Turbo Delphi you can run DelphiDLLTest.tbasic to test new keywords.
      If you want distribute your modules remember they need to be placed in thinBasic\Lib\ directory.

All this is still under construction so be prepared to have some changes in interface file thinCore.pas

Let me know about any problems or other issues. Consider I'm not a Delphi expert so I'm sure I've done some errors but I'm here to correct them with your help.

Regards
    Eros

Download removed from this post. Can be found here in this forum under Delphi SDK downlaod
    www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community/ | help.thinbasic.com
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

Re: Delphi Module development preview

Eros, thanks... I should add that all users should look at the included jpg files in the extracted DelphiDLLTest folder for setting up the linker and compiler. That is great that you got it compiling and working at such a nice small size! Thanks again!!
    Acer Notebook: Win 10 Home 64 Bit, Core i7-4702MQ @ 2.2Ghz, 12 GB RAM, nVidia GTX 760M and Intel HD 4600
    Raspberry Pi 3: Raspbian OS use for Home Samba Server and Test HTTP Server

I'm doing some more work I will post later or tomorrow.

For the moment this little project should guide in the right direction with the help of all of you.
    I hope we will be able to use Turbo Delphi to improve development possibilities in thinBasic module development and 3rd party libraries.

Let me know of any problems you will face. I will try to solve them ASAP.

Ciao
    Eros
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

Quote Originally Posted by kryton9
    That is great that you got it compiling and working at such a nice small size!
    Well, merits goes to Delphi Dev Team. I just used their options.

In any case, I'm getting familiar with Delphi but I have A LOT to study and understand. I also got some Turbo Delphi IDE runtime errors (GPF). But we can survive.

Kryton9, you said in another post that it is possible to avoid ";" at the end of lines. How to do it? Maybe a new Delphi version is out? I will check latest version I have.

Ciao
    Eros

Sorry Eros, that not needing the ; at the end is for Microsoft's research language F#, unfortunately not Delphi.
    If only they would do away with the := because it is so counter to any other language, it just makes it hard to use multiple languages having to switch like that, they should like everyone just have it as =.

As far as I know, the ; is necessary, but if F# can do away with it, it would be neat for the Delphi team to look into that too. Can you imagine Delphi with those 2 things eliminated, how so much more appealing Delphi would look to everyone.

That is why F# has really grabbed my interest of late. It is very clean syntax and powerful it seems.

I am torn between Delphi and F# now, but I can't find any information for programming mobile 5.0 in either language.
    Just the latest Visual Studio and I think in C#. Since there are SDK's for mobile 5 programming, it is probably just a matter of figuring out how to tie the SDK into Delphi. So I will continue with my study in Delphi in earnest this coming month to see how far I can get with it.

Hope to be contributing stuff soon
    Acer Notebook: Win 10 Home 64 Bit, Core i7-4702MQ @ 2.2Ghz, 12 GB RAM, nVidia GTX 760M and Intel HD 4600
    Raspberry Pi 3: Raspbian OS use for Home Samba Server and Test HTTP Server

Preview removed from this post.
    It can be found here in this forum under Delphi SDK download.