Thread: I am getting to know thinbasic and ran into something i cant figure out.

[FOOUND IT] I am getting to know thinbasic and ran into something i cant figure out.

I am making a small program to scan for some files on my pc.
    I got side tracked wondering how fast the loops worked.

I found the data structures hash sample and I am substituting arrays for the hash.

I wanted to use this function below

'nRec = ARRAY EXTRACT MainArray, [COLLATE UCASE,] {StartsWith | EndsWith | Contains} 'KEY" & lCount

managed to not post any dumb questions so far, i just dont see my error here.

any pointer welcome.
    Fred.

EDITED

I found my mistake. Some sleep and some food and I had an extra comma between CONTAINS , "STRING" where none should have been.
    Last edited by F_Dixon; 10-04-2024 at 19:58. Reason: 1st edit spelling, 2nd edit I found ERROR

Quote Originally Posted by F_Dixon View Post
    I am making a small program to scan for some files on my pc.
    I got side tracked wondering how fast the loops worked.

I found the data structures hash sample and I am substituting arrays for the hash.

I wanted to use this function below

'nRec = ARRAY EXTRACT MainArray, [COLLATE UCASE,] {StartsWith | EndsWith | Contains} 'KEY" & lCount

managed to not post any dumb questions so far, i just dont see my error here.

any pointer welcome.
    Fred.

EDITED

I found my mistake. Some sleep and some food and I had an extra comma between CONTAINS , "STRING" where none should have been.

I really need to watch for spellcheck. I cant either read or spell for crap.

Ciao Fred and welcome to thinBasic.

If you have something not working for any reason please post a little example showing the problem you have.
    It would be a lot more easier for anyone willing to hep.

thinBasic ARRAY ... syntax I admit it is not the easiest in the world.
    It was implemented in that way in order to be compatible with another programming language we love.
    Will see if I can create a variant syntax for it.

Ciao
    Eros
    www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community/ | help.thinbasic.com
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

Members who have read this thread: 5