Thread: No more icons from dll?

thinBasic MVPs

No more icons from dll?

Since a few days i discovered that it does no more show the icons when i load them from a dll to display them on buttons. I am not sure if its caused by thinBasic- changed Mainfest? or Are the buttons (UI-standard buttons) different- or is there somethin wrong with my system?
    can anyone try in 1.11.7 - can you see icons?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ReneMiner; 02-03-2022 at 01:29.
    I think there are missing some Forum-sections as beta-testing and support

with v1.11.7 windows 7 x64
    from the IDE the buttons does not show icons
    but the bundled code show the icons like this
    Attached Images Attached Images

thinBasic MVPs
    yes strange. tzhe icons are in the dll also - not insde the folder only. any other tb-samples (treevieb|Tab ) that show icons from imagelist are not a problem. and it was running before from ide that icons were visible- no matter where loaded from.

really bad because i don't know the cause and i put a lot of time already into a project that works based on icon-data provided by dll, like it will sort- according to the ressource-name the icons from the dll into multiple different iconlists (actually imagelists) with a name approach - as "my_computer__C", "my_computer__D" and "my_computer__O" - __c (__Closed-state) shows the pc-icon with a black monitor screen , __O , showing a light blue monitor would get sorted parallel into an associated imagelist "__d" were a grayed -Disabled icon-for use on the tree disabled were a software-enforced state since if we have to disable only one node - we can not disable the complete tree for that - all imagelists are parts of the same iconlist-udt that also manages the names and thats purpose is to supply icons for a treeview for the node-states open|closed|disabled|selected|readOnly etc.
    in all imagelists the same icons namebase causes the icons to be in the same position within all lists and only the namebase
    ("my_computer" of "my_computer__s" is the name base" , "__s" is the suffix for just the current state (here to show selection-mode)

Its also meant for toolbar|Menubar connected with each other (toolbar just shows the most important buttons of actions available through menu
    toolbar will hold same icons as the menu - but in different sizes as 18x18 for the menuitems icons, 24x24 for the toollbar icons - both would show the on level of detail adjusted image - not just stretched - that would lead to artifacts and pixelation in these small sizes but - since a dll can provide the icons in 2 sizes per icon - hand crafted and individually pre-checked for the correct looks so there will be no guessing.

and not only for existing standard-controls with 2 or more states but also to make use of image-controls that show any switches, levers, handlebars, knobs etv. and a simple variable are the most easy implementation of customized controls.

Now as long i don't know what causes the icons not being visible the project lands onto a pile of un...done projects - there is so much more to discover, maybe i will have forgotten soon
    I think there are missing some Forum-sections as beta-testing and support