Thread: cleanout old files

Blog Entries

cleanout old files

I look a bit around in the subdirs of thinBasic to chheck / and so i searched for possible cmd-commands of thinAir -wanted to find the command to obfuscate a file.
    Sadly no list is replied to the inpput of "thinAir.exe /?" And the help fil.. its the help-file of the previous editor.
    running thinBasic in HP Pavillon Desktop 590 a0xxx 8GB Ram AMD A6-9225 Radeon R4 5Compute Cores 2C+3G @2.6GHz

Windows 11 Enterprise x64 Build 22000.100 (21H2) - "native boot" from .vhdx
    (says the systeminfo. anything else says it were Windows 10 - but hey: thinbasic runs well )

Blog Entries
    Dear Rene,

I am not sure I follow here, could you please explain in more detail?

Thank you,
    P
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

Blog Entries
    sorry, again: if you open thinAir-help you get explained how to use the old - previous - editor which is not shipped with thinbasic sine years any more.

And i wanted to check for commandline-options like using console and type something as
    thinAir.exe /?

and hope for a list of commands that thinair would accept or some settings for its configuration since the settings in ini or themes will not work
    disabbling codetips for examplerequires to change the setting within the ini -file, set the ini to write-protected (read-only) so it will not instantly save the defaults again to it and moving all except the main codetips from thinair/syntax to another folder. Very cumbersome and not satisfying since sometimes still codetipps pop up.

when typing it shhould make the mousepointer invisible and move it out of codewindow-area and instead to popup the tooltips it should use one of these small output-windows at the bottom of thinair following the typed-in like if that were a function or a declaration:
    function Setup(byval hParent as Dword,                                                              
    	               byval ID       as long,
    	               byval sVptName as string,
    	               byval locX     as long,
    	               byval locY     as long, 
    	               byval sizeX    as long,
    	               byval sizeY    as long,                    
                       byval sDlgName as String,
              optional byval LookAtX  as long,
                       byval LookAtY  as long,
                       byval lDlgW    as long,
                       byval lDlgH    as long,                   
                       byval Border   as boolean) as dword

if should not only show the top-line. And while i type

x = Setup(|

this opening parens or a space after the "setup" lets thinair know the name is complete and then it could show it as

DWORD = Setup(
    hParent,
    ID, sVptName, locX, locY, sizeX, sizeY, sDlgName [,lookAtX[,lookAtY[,DlgW[,DlgH[,border]]]]])

while it will follow the typed in delimiters (comma) and highlight the current parameter:
    x =
    Setup(123,1,|

and display
    DWORD = Setup( hParent, ID, sVptName, locX, locY, sizeX, sizeY, sDlgName [,lookAtX[,lookAtY[,DlgW[,DlgH[,border]]]]])

that way - not displayed covering any code - always in same position - independend of hovering times - and especially not clickeable! -
    it were a helpful feature but not as a codetip that covers almost the whole desktop with so much information that to read is impossible in the short time it flickers up and please disappear from near the mousepointer when i want to click into my code always this stupid codetipps opens where i want to click leading to HitTest on codetip = positive, leading to loading help, leading to thinair no more responding for minutes.
    Tooltips are not buttons but silent little helpers, they must not react on clicking them -except if opening a menu on right-click - but never the primary mousebutton- that lets configure codetips behaviour

And for the thinair-crashes on runtime-errors is that process-monitoring-stuff responsible. that happens only in the version that is officially installed to the current system. When i run thinAir from another installation that is not created by the current OS, the process-view is not working. And if the script crashes does not matter then, thinAir remains stable. With the process view enabled it's a pain since after the crash and reload of thinair there are no more open files but i have to search all of them manually and open them.

Btw. Open: the explorer-browser does not show all files. Maybe related to the mising dot in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT it does not show any tBasicI-files in general and it shows only files that are named withhin a currently opened file. For these, sometimes the codetree shows nothing at all, the function-names, udt's or regions of another opened file and in any case the parsers for error-detection in design time are too greedy. Its just a guess but this .*(?=\s) lets it run in circles , the \s (whitespace) where line-end /newline were to detect is intentionally correct thought but
    .*?(?=\s) - non-greedy but very slow mis-uses also the \s to turn around in cycles , only workaround, precisely define the whitespace as
    [\t\x20]+ so it will not abuse $VT too stay in race for as long s possible

What did i wanted to do?
    Oh yes, check of thinAir offers commandline-switches... it does not. too bad
    running thinBasic in HP Pavillon Desktop 590 a0xxx 8GB Ram AMD A6-9225 Radeon R4 5Compute Cores 2C+3G @2.6GHz

Windows 11 Enterprise x64 Build 22000.100 (21H2) - "native boot" from .vhdx
    (says the systeminfo. anything else says it were Windows 10 - but hey: thinbasic runs well )