Thread: cleanout old files

thinBasic MVPs

cleanout old files

I look a bit around in the subdirs of thinBasic to chheck / and so i searched for possible cmd-commands of thinAir -wanted to find the command to obfuscate a file.
    Sadly no list is replied to the inpput of "thinAir.exe /?" And the help fil.. its the help-file of the previous editor.
    I think there are missing some Forum-sections as beta-testing and support

Dear Rene,

I am not sure I follow here, could you please explain in more detail?

Thank you,
    P
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

thinBasic MVPs
    strange - what happened here? i am sure i replied already on this and a few other posts.

This was easy explained : i tried to find out if thinair accepts any command line arguments and during research i found the helpfile for thinair explains nothing about the current, scintilla-based editor but the previous one which is not shipped any more with thinbasic since... a while.

By the means : command line arguments - i am getting a headache over this... how to solve in thinbasic if my viewer already is open and shows a script and i give the order to open any other (or even the same) script through the shell/explore/context-menu.

I don't want the viewer run in another instance but the currently open instance to show the document.
    How do i get (without clipboard & timer that frequently checks it) the commandline-parameters that opened the second instance into the first viewer - so it opens the new document in a new "tab" or viewport- or alternative: how do i let the old viewer save all conditions (open scripts including changes/ undo-history) so the second instance will just load these and i let it terminate the first instance

When i would save the handle of a textbox that is located outside of the visible area to a 4-byte-file as soon as the window of the first instance is created - could i use sendmessage from the second instance to set text into this textbox of the first instance so the first instance receives a callback-message like "the text was changed" - and this "text" is the commandline of the second instance?
    Or do i have to learn complicated and meanwhile deprecated stuff as activeX, .Net or COM to solve this?
    I think there are missing some Forum-sections as beta-testing and support