Thread: ActiveX --- HOW?

Blog Entries

ActiveX --- HOW?

i tried dozens of controls by now. The only one working is the internet explorer browser from the samples.
    No other ocx will even show up.
    Here is a very simple, detailled documented and all required files shipping ocx-control for download.
    if anyone gets it to show up or even react on an event then please tell me how.
    running thinBasic in HP Pavillon Desktop 590 a0xxx 8GB Ram AMD A6-9225 Radeon R4 5Compute Cores 2C+3G @2.6GHz

OS: Windows 11 Enterprise x64 Build 22065 (21H2 pre-release)
    (says the systeminfo. anything else says it were Windows 10 - more or less insider - a lot of the system settings do not function - i could imagine it will not send feedback to microsoft since it always says i need a new app to open that feedback-hub-link. But hey: thinbasic runs well )

ReneMiner,
    for ActiveX dll's or ocx's we shoukd first register it in the windows system else it can't be called
    in your case from the link you have provided , open the command prompt to the directory of your PropList.ocx and then write:
    regsvr32 PropList.ocx
    you should get the MSG:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	regsvr32.PNG 
Views:	31 
Size:	8.7 KB 
ID:	10271

then you can call that ocx
    there is a comments by Petr about using COM_CallMethod here
    http://www.thinbasic.com/community/s...ng-activex-dll
    it is here calling ActiveX DLL
    i gave tested all the examples with Windows XP. not sure how it behave in win7/8/10
    Last edited by primo; 03-09-2021 at 08:31.

yes the program in the https://www.codeproject.com/Articles...ed&tid=4017442
    works , i have tested it with VB6, it works and the buttons respond to clicks such as clicking on RGB button will launch the paint program :
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	picture.PNG 
Views:	31 
Size:	40.7 KB 
ID:	10272

there is an error MSG at first run: "an error ocurred in the secure channel support" this is may be by the url addresses in the VB6 project.

Blog Entries
    the regsvr32-thing i tried already but i used regsvr32 -i proplist.ocx and always got the message the entry-point were not to find. VB6 did not react disturbed but once i added the component to the project i was able to use it in vb6 without any problems - but it did not show up in tb.

I will try without the -i switch after using the -u switch and then reboot. Lets see.
    Now i will have a look at the link

thanks for the meantime
    running thinBasic in HP Pavillon Desktop 590 a0xxx 8GB Ram AMD A6-9225 Radeon R4 5Compute Cores 2C+3G @2.6GHz

OS: Windows 11 Enterprise x64 Build 22065 (21H2 pre-release)
    (says the systeminfo. anything else says it were Windows 10 - more or less insider - a lot of the system settings do not function - i could imagine it will not send feedback to microsoft since it always says i need a new app to open that feedback-hub-link. But hey: thinbasic runs well )