When i wanted to use AppConfig to store the layout of a designed GUI i stumbled across the problem i can "handcraft" an initial config-file and load it but there is no way to save any changes - not even the window-size or position when altered during runtimes by the user can be written in place. it lacks any possibility to apply changes nor can it create a file from the loaded content in memory.

Anyway XML is a very cumbersome way to get things done and its very weak in case of typos. For sure 90% of users that had to add some setting manually will result in errornous file-structure also implementing optional defaults if a setting does not exist or can not get read is a hell of its own. It actually seems like a crippled way of writing html only and is probably overaged.

Instead of using xml in thinBasic it's probably better look for a way to implement tb-scripting into html and initiate the revolution of the www by overrunning it with simple to achieve results instead of becoming one of those old farts that look back to the good times trying to repeat their success through cooking the same dishes without any new spices again... when new ideas come up these mostly appear on more than one place at once...

Did you just have some new idea? Then hurry to be the first...