Thread: Dear users, big thank you!

Thumbs up Dear users, big thank you!

Dear users,

every project you share, every idea you propose, every bug you report - it means a lot and gives us a lot of energy for the further development.

Of course, as there is a 2-men team behind thinBasic, we cannot implement/fix everything immediately, we also have our daily jobs and challenges. However - we are always listening to you and very grateful for all your energy. Step by step, we are moving forward, and we also hope the continued open sourcing of thinBASIC components will benefit us all.

To give example - while there were no pull requests for TBGL, I received a lot of feedback for the code from DirectuX and it helped me a lot to "tighten the screws" in this module.

Thanks to big generosity from Eros, I received an opportunity to co-author the thinBASIC help file - this will be another area thinBasic will improve in the next year. Please continue reporting issues to the dedicated forum section and I will have a look at any suggestions:
    https://www.thinbasic.com/community/...-Help-Material

Currently, we are forging the 1.11.7.0, and we can't wait to share it with you in 2021.

Once again - huge thank you and... stay tuned!

Petr
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

Cool

The converse is true : I reciprocally wish to give a huge thank to you, the 2-men thinbasic team (Petr and Eros, that's you !) ! Sincerely I wish best implication in thinbasic's project and I know and share how's it's difficult to share time among real life and various projects. THANK YOU !!! I've got no (zero financial) benefit from thinbasic but I think thinbasic sort of general interest.

PS: If I may (I don't know where it is appropriate to put this comment): I wish to share a feeling about TB: It's a personal feeling, for me, bugs solving is something of uttermost importance when reported by users. As an user with no lever, knowing if a bug report will be taken into account or not or when, is essential. Does it deserve the investment in time... for writing a bug report, a sample... ? I don't want to look selfish about that in comparison to all that time you two give to that project, but I want it to be rational. So, shortly I wish (hope), while thinbasic is a closed source being, a better dialogue about bugs/improvements*.

* I'm open to any discussion about how to implement this, or to shut up if inappropriate.
    ThinBasic 1.11.6.0 ALPHA - Windows 8.1 x64

These are very important observations and impressions. It is something to keep in mind for 2021!

I think continuing the opensourcing of the parts is a factor which can help improve this as well.

But there are also other directions which come to my mind. If you have something in mind, please do share! Let's slay some bugs this year

Petr
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB