Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New text adventure

OK - Today, I updated the TAB gfx demo once again.

This time I converted the dialog window and its controls to PIXELS. This **SHOULD** solve the display problems that were happening when it was dialog units on different OS.

A short video should play in the centre graphicbox after the first input command is entered in the lower input textbox. eg: "look" (without quotes)

If anyone wants to try here it is at same link:
    http://tab.thinbasic.com/Gfx_Adv_Demo.zip

Click on "Gfx_Adv_Demo.exe" and it should run. A small window will appear. Click "Start Adventure" button (or press RETURN) and the Main Game Window will appear with gfx and text along with some background music. Type stuff in the lower textbox

**Special Note: When starting the program(s) it's possible that some virus checkers may produce a "false-positive" warning. You may need to tell your antivirus software to create an 'exception' for the game app(s) in order to allow it to run**

There are no viruses in the TAB programs and I have scanned the files.

Please let me know if the 3 horizontal pictures displays Ok and if the video plays and is positioned and sized correctly in the middle graphicbox and what system you are running it on. Thanks again for your cooperation.

I really would appreciate if you could take a few minutes to test/try it if you can - as I need the feedback about this issue.

Should look like image below.

Regards,
    catventure

demo.jpg
    http://tab.thinbasic.com - Home Of The ThinBasic Adventure Builder Project. (Interactive Fiction/Text Adventure Maker)

Success!

The change to coding the Player program to using dialog pixels instead of dialog units has worked.
    The mciVideo routine does work after all - as Michael Hartlef reported to me
    No problems with gfx or video now. It is solved.

My tester also reports it working correctly.
    I am confident it will work on all windows from XP onwards.

Just wish I had coded it that way in the first place.

Thank you to anyone that tried or still wants to try the "Gfx_Adv_Demo" program.
    I will leave the link working for a few more days in case anybody does.
    I'm happy it is solved and can now move on...

Soon I will release the new versions of the TAB text/graphic adventure builder.

Kind regards,
    catventure/Phil.
    http://tab.thinbasic.com - Home Of The ThinBasic Adventure Builder Project. (Interactive Fiction/Text Adventure Maker)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123