Thread: How to use Resed together with thinBasic and Freebasic-Compiler?

thinBasic MVPs

How to use Resed together with thinBasic and Freebasic-Compiler?

Hi Guys,
    I am a bit Stuck on this i try to find out what These Tools can do for me. I want to create a functional Type or Claas that will allocate some memory. I know how to create the Type in thinBasic but i never used any classes and i did Not find out how to make one in thinBasic. So i am with an Udt that has Functions, a few Statics and a bunch of Variables to it. Lets say thats my udt:
    Uses "UI", "Ini"

Type tDatamgr
    Static pTypes As Dword
    Static pNames As Dword
      pRecentData(20) as Dword
      pCurrentData As Dword
       '....i omit a Lot now since Not required die the questions i have.but also have Not only 1 function
    Function allocateFor(byref pMem AS Dword, byval sType AS String) AS String
    '. . .
    End Type

At First: can i Convert the udt to become a class that is accesible after i compiled the Project? Or can Types including Functions be in a compiled dll with Freebasic-Compiler?
    Also i use this ResEd to create some Dialog. No Problem to create any Windows or menus and IT can save IT in a way that i can Transfer the Data easily into my Scripts.
    I Hope this Link Works as expected, IT should lead to Ketil Olsens ResEd. A pretty good GUI-editor that produces Things that i can use in thinBasic.

http://masm32.com/board/index.php?topic=239.0

Now i want to add a Windows with some controls that Shows Up only while i am editing in thinair but Not If a Script was started by thinAir-code-editor. But IT IS ok to Show the Window when a Script as a Tool from thinair runs.is IT possible to detect If a Script rund that was started by Debugger/Editor (F5 or F8 ) so i can avoid my Tool to Show Up If the User Tests a Script?

And can Freebasic-Compiler do anything for me with that ResEd (IT has settings in Options to enter command$ to compile ) but i never got IT to Work. All i make use of is the GUI-editor and i Transfer the saved Data into my Scripts - even i know it should Work to let thinBasic load this Ressource Files during Runtime.
    Can this resed + Freebasic-Compiler Go together and make my Script a dll? And how about my udt? If it we're still the udt with Functions, can IT be that a dll Provides a Type that can be extended in User-Scripts? Or am i Stuck with a class that is Not Able to get extended? The finished library shall be useable from thinBasic only,vso No need to think of using it from any other language . If Not possible to have an Udt with Functions compiled How would i write it using thinBasic only that my udt will get compiled to be a class

I know thats a bunch of questions. But i am stuck currently because of the Problem that i don't know how
    Last edited by ReneMiner; 10-04-2020 at 09:54.
    I think there are missing some Forum-sections as beta-testing and support

Hi Rene,

ThinBASIC TYPE with functions has memory representation identical to the TYPE without functions, just the data. The information about functions is stored elsewhere.

The only cross-language compatible type of class I know is COM class. Otherwise, C++ has its own classes, Python has its own classes and so on.

Unlike TYPE & structs, which are mostly transferable, classes are different beasts. Besides that, thinBASIC has no way to create classes from thinBASIC code.

I think you can adjust the commandline of the tool launching in a way it sets environment variable.

If environment variable is set, you can make the tool behave differently.

You can read environment variables using OS_Environ.

Petr
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB