Thread: thinBasic web site hosting migration

thinBasic web site hosting migration

Hi all,

my company yesterday decided to close down for a while due to spread of COVID-19 in Italy.
    We closed all facilities managed directly by us: production, commercial offices, logistics, physical shops and online sales. 500/700 people more or less.
    As IT stuff, I just manage system from home in order to maintain them efficient for when we will return at work.

So, I have some spare time and ... it seems the right time window to migrate thinBasic web site to a new hosting plan

At the moment this site is on a dedicated physical server that is turned on since 2004. At that time it seemed a nice option, now it is not anymore.
    I will try to move into a new hosting plan that can give to all of us more security and stability.

So ... I'm putting down a plan, there can be some down in next days but do not worry.
    We will return better than ever

And of course ... I've a lot of new features and fix almost ready to be published in a new thinBasic version.

Ciao
    Eros
    www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community/ | help.thinbasic.com
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

Eros,

I really appreciate the efforts you put all the years into the maintenance.

It might not seem as exciting as new feature development, but without it, we wouldn't have forum/website/...

Thank you,
    Petr
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

Thanks Eros
    hope this virus global disaster pass safely over the planet.

Eros, Petr and primo
    take courage in this time of crises, hopefully it will be over soon.

Jack, Primo,

you are very kind. I wish you two, Eros and the whole community the best.

I would say better to be careful than sorry later. I was in the phase "it is just a different flu" and now I see I was wrong and feel stupid.
    Protect yourself, restrict unnecessary contact and... take it as an opprotunity to train your programming skills at home .

Petr
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

Thanks my far friends.

So far all is OK.
    Italy is shutted down like other countries like Spain and other EU countries will follows as soon as they will realize that their hospitals will not be able to get other patients and they will have to choose who to save and who left die.
    Only way to reduce positive cases is to remain at home without any contact.
    Just the minimum to get some food and return.

Will pass, in one way or the other.

Here a nice Power BI dashboard created by a Microsoft employee that shows situation:
    https://msit.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJr...I0NyIsImMiOjV9

Ciao
    Eros

PS: very soon (mid of next week) a great ... really great thinBasic update!
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

Eros said Just the minimum to get some food and return

we are in a real Jail from Saturday, we can't go to grocery or pharmacy, everything are closed, who catch him in the street will go to Jail for one year without trial. they have prepared 3 big Jails in the Desert. and thousands of people are there now just because they have kids and want to feed them.
    they closed medical appointments even for the cancer. we are governed by a smiley serial killers who enjoy looking to the people starving
    from today to Friday, they will allow selling Bread and water only while we are in the Big Jail.
    the crisis Admin said that only water and bread is what necessary to life, Vegetables and Fruits are welfare and not critical to life. i can't refer to the address of the proofs
    this us the Dumb and complete stupids who govern the country
    they are Liarsو if you tell these killers is this true ؟ they will find a way to deceive you those smiley faces who are so rich to an unimaginable levels
    all the Europeans should send a "Thank You" messages to their govs. just to express diff between your systems and ours.
    i hope an Aliens will attack these stupid countries
    the virus is so nice that he show us the real face of these cockroaches
    i am sure the virus will go after giving us the enough lessons.

Yes politicians are mostly the same all around the world.

Thinking positively ... maybe they are not "real liar" but are incapable people not able to take the right decision at the right time.
    They tend to act in order to have visibility and votes but this leads to making the wrong decisions in the wrong time so they start to lie.

Hope all this will bring to a new idea of human being
    Last edited by ErosOlmi; 24-03-2020 at 11:13.

Unhappy

The disease is terrible. I wish you all the best, do n’t go out as far as possible, take good protective measures, and reduce contact between people in order to cut off the virus.