Thread: more freedom to customize thinAir

thinBasic MVPs

more freedom to customize thinAir

Hi Guys,
    Am studying and experimentn' a Lot. Guess i have Sometin to Share within a few weeks. But i have to complain about thinair, it's Not satisfying to use it. In the Middle of the Codewindow the scrollbar {hscroll on bottom} is going very much crazy and
    n it's Not advisable to use the Mouse in it and bei warned If you're Using supersensitive Touchpad.
    My question is the a way for me to customize thinair a little more than just adding a color-scheme in 3 sizes? How is that about Scripting thinair? Is adding menus the only way to let thinair interact with Scripts? Do we have to use windows-api as If we were trying to manipulate foreign apps Windows?
    And also thinAir very offen after i made a few testruns in tb-scripts - especcialy often when using console, it Starts hanging and lagging and If i check in the Taskmanager there often are 1 or 2 Not ended processes of thinBasic. Could thinBasic Not Check after scriptaxecution - and especcialy when using bundle- that it will kill the process dir Sure and let thinair also Check If Scripts are still running while coding and either try to Stop them or let the titlebar flash so the User ist warned and endlich those processes before thinair doesnt respond and Crashes or Not? IT doesnt really Crash nur i am No more Able to save my Script and i am forced to reboot and after that thinair and Help will BE Like Just installed Not remembering previously Opener Scripts nor Windows Position
    Last edited by ReneMiner; 31-01-2020 at 21:44.
    I think there are missing some Forum-sections as beta-testing and support

Lightbulb

Hi Rene,

I sense strong emotion in this post. Much reported ideas/issues are already targetted in thinAir and Visual Designer's Support area. Perhaps voting on suggestions or confirming bugs could help Eros to prioritize the tasks, isn't it ?
    ThinBasic 1.11.6.0 ALPHA - Windows 8.1 x64

It is OK, Rene is right: I need to work more on bug fixing.

Will try to do in next days.
    I've already a lot of things ready to to released.

Horizontal scroll is already fixed. Horizontal and Vertical scrollbars of the main editor are developed by me in order to add window splitting. And I'm not so good in such controls.

I'm searching why sometimes thinAir crash at exit without saving current open scripts.
    www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community/ | help.thinbasic.com
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

Question

Quote Originally Posted by ErosOlmi View Post
    I'm searching why sometimes thinAir crash at exit without saving current open scripts.
    Do you mean saving open tabs ?
    I've never faced such case.
    ThinBasic 1.11.6.0 ALPHA - Windows 8.1 x64

thinBasic MVPs
    I think I am bit guilty that the previous thinair had to leave

But I just wanted to question if there is space for improvement by ourselves, so Eros has not that much to do. I think I can shell a virtual sure together with my script that will alert me if I start using thinair when thinbasic.exe still in the task manager . But other things that will allow us to customize thinair more than you think would be
    good. Not just different font any button or colors . But menubar where user ties own popups, nodes utilities or some orders to remote control it -not only running files and save but also allow me to edit for example my ini-files. I name them .Inc alwat, even plain text or scratches I name *.Inc for easy import. Also my windows comes with preinstalled thinbasic. It says windows but what it's doing is - as guys from Microsoft say- impossible, so I guess that is not windows then. But I have had it with data-execution-prevention and some os that refused to run thinbasic because it was too stupid to find the license. I found diskpart and the correct function to wipe the drive
    I think there are missing some Forum-sections as beta-testing and support