Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: thinBasic 1.11.x.x

thinBasic MVPs
    yes there is still the other one in thinAir\config. But i think one of them is only a row of hex for colors. I always wanted to try but i had no time. just to have some dropdown combobox where the setting can be chosen (background, foreground etc). a small label for evey setting to display the currently selected color. font & color-settings are common controls - since idispatch they are also available without UI.

Yes i tried the theme- colors still same but less time to wait for thinAir to respond. I have a certain file ( wmi-classnames - check help WMI - i saved as plain text but named it "wmi_classes.inc" so i can load and prepare it that it fits the code. This - not even script since no keywords nor anything else, 940 lines of text 25 kB, seems to trigger thinAir to get stuck and not responsive for sometimes 5 or more minutes. Especially when i edit it to bring
    it in shape of an INI-file. I bettter use notepad++ for the pure text-editing , even for replacing double quotes i will not click 1800 times onto replace because "replace all" is disabled in thinAir.

And with that i've found a bug. I have a file with 1000 lines of text. I load it via
    PARSE FILE sFilename, sList(), CRLF to have it available. If i use
    ARRAY SORT sList(1) ASCEND then there are always a few items messed up after sorting. Usually after
    i load i sort descend to have empty lines at the upper bound to simply reduce count of lines and redim.
    ( no need for collate ucase nor asFiles settings to check. I think this bug is old already but i always forgot to mention it. Currently the theme-settings are pretty ok i need to run a few more scripts and to type a bit...)
    I think there are missing some Forum-sections as beta-testing and support

Thanks Eros
    i mean by printing to the Form like this:
    form.PNG

Not a Label, but on the Form or say a Window which contains the TextBox and the Button, and here it is created with DIALOG New Pixels ...

Quote Originally Posted by DirectuX View Post
    Something persistent through new tb release (like thinAir_Tools_Usr.ini ) ?
    Yes persistent.
    I didn't had time to work on thinAir options because I focused my development on other aspects so you are all suffering of not working thinAir option.
    And I thank you very much to be here to test and report.

The idea is to have:
    • a default set of options coming from thinBasic setup that will be always overwritten during next installs.
    • a user file created by users when some options are changed. Successive thinBasic install will never overwrite user file

I need to close current development phase and then I will work on this
    www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community/ | help.thinbasic.com
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

thinBasic MVPs
    Eros, sadly the crashing issue still not solved completely.
    But it does not save anything in case it crashes.
    When I restart it opens again as the previous session - before the crash- started. If saving files before script execution then thinAir should also secure the thinAir-settings as soon the last new file has a name that thinAir can add to recent file
    Or is there a setting or directive for the process-window to dump
    #process DumpMemory2HD "directory", {Interval|Manual|ByCmd}[,<seconds between saves>|<%VK-equates>]

directory - by default could be a subfolder of thinbasic-folder or the user can override by setting here
    interval - is to save invoked by a timer every "few seconds" as the last parameter tells the seconds
    manual - let me push a key to save manual, overrule default keys in last parameter
    bycmd - in the script are certain comment-lines '[dump] (similar to '[breakpoint] ) that will cause automatic save. Perhaps add line-number of the '[dump] to the filename or allow a quoted string for special filenames or path. i gues if something like '[dumpmemory] it will not need a directive/preparsing statement but we have no direct influence compared to directive+manual dump.

Did you check your PM? I hope so before you dump that too...

@Rene - you are very kind, but I am currently overloaded (still getting used to control myself when working home in "corona mode") and cannot dedicate time to new investigation at the moment.

I have experience with data paralelism (OpenCL), but I am not very confident in "classic" multithreading. Study of Rust and its mechanisms showed me it takes more than "spawn a thread" to bring a quality multithreading implementation in a language. Not speaking of impact on ThinBASIC SDK.

It is interesting topic, but as Eros says, maybe better to reopen this topic when preparing ThinBASIC 2.x. Thank you for understanding and thank you for your time preparing the post for us.

@Rene - could you please share the file with 1000 lines, so we can replicate the sorting issue, along with expectation of result? It would help us understand where the issue is.

Petr
    Last edited by Petr Schreiber; 18-04-2020 at 07:37.
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

Question

Eros, I don't know if it would be long to fix, but while working on thinAir, could you get rid of this thinAir's Type error please, it's not much but annoying.
    ThinBasic 1.11.6.0 ALPHA - Windows 8.1 x64

thinBasic MVPs
    Quote Originally Posted by DirectuX View Post
    Eros, I don't know if it would be long to fix, but while working on thinAir, could you get rid of this thinAir's Type error please, it's not much but annoying.
    Try Setting at thinair\Window\Options
    Attached Images Attached Images

thinBasic MVPs
    Am experiencing crashes still. But: if there is a bug that is found previous execution started (missing EndIf or End Function instead of End Sub etc. it does not crash. It was like that before i changed the theme. It now does not even crash while the execution hits an undeclared variable or misses some expected variable (because optional parameters and no parenthesis.) Those bugs get noted and saved but thinAir will not jump to the correct line and show the token that caused the problem. If crashes the way that thinAir simply disappears there are no error-logs. So i still have a few from the last days that will tell what not leads to final crash of thinAir.
    The first are a few days old when i had way more crashes on exit of a script, but they say "this cause for a crash can not be the reason." I remember days sometimes thinAir even vanished without an error-message before the crash when script execution had finished.
    [Script]
    Main=E:\thinBasic\Eigene_Scripts\TextBox.tBasic
    Include=
    [RunTimeError]
    DateTime=09/04/2020 12:02:35
    Code=30
    Description=Variable not defined or misspelled Keyword
    Line=241
    LineCode=CONTROL SET TEXT HDLG, %ID_TEXTBOX5, LOAD_FILE(APP_SOURCENAME)
    Token=HDLG
    Additional=
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [Script]
    Main=E:\thinBasic\UserScripts\NewUI\sortText.tbasic
    Include=
    [RunTimeError]
    DateTime=15/04/2020 00:08:41
    Code=32
    Description=IF without END IF
    Line=460
    LineCode=END SELECT
    Token=SELECT
    Additional=
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Script]
    Main=E:\thinBasic\UserScripts\NewUI\wminfo.tbasic
    Include=
    [RunTimeError]
    DateTime=19/04/2020 06:09:25
    Code=400
    Description=Subscript out of range in array or matrix
    Line=136
    LineCode=SGROUP(I) = HEAP_GET(PGROUP)
    Token=I
    Additional=Dimension 1 should be between 1 and 0. Current value: 1

[Script]
    Main=E:\thinBasic\Eigene_Scripts\htm_Viewer.tBasic
    Include=
    [RunTimeError]
    DateTime=19/04/2020 07:23:32
    Code=30
    Description=Variable not defined or misspelled Keyword
    Line=215
    LineCode=INI_SETKEY(APP_INIFILE, "History","LastDoc", SDOC)
    Token=SDOC
    Additional=

and please look up the picture on my previous post. Pretty. All readable.
    Could you do this too for thinBundle-window so i can read what i am up to do there?
    And did bundle not have an option to include other files (databases, images, even zip-folders?) I can not find it. is it the unreadability or was it removed?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by ReneMiner View Post
    Try Setting at thinair\Window\Options
    Thanks Rene.
    However, it isn't that : it concern the right click on TAB \ indent code function. Petr is investigating.

Quote Originally Posted by ReneMiner View Post
    And did bundle not have an option to include other files (databases, images, even zip-folders?) I can not find it. is it the unreadability or was it removed?
    https://www.thinbasic.com/public/pro...undle_file.htm

Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1