Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: thinBasic 1.11.x.x

I don't know if it matters, but in the Process panel and Runtime Error panel 's html code source, there are mixed slash and backslash in paths strings, and sometimes even both at the same place " \/ " for the Runtime Error panel.

href="O:\thinBasic\thinAir\/ProcessMonitor/html/libs/uikit-2.27.5/css/uikit.almost-flat.min.css"

ThinBasic 1.11.6.0 ALPHA - Windows 8.1 x64

Hi DirectuX,

thank you for reporting the #include line error & the mixed slashes. We will have a look

Petr
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

Exclamation Code browser

In the example below, the code browser doesn't display the include. Can't find why. The file exists. In the code panel, right click + open file opens the file.

cbro.PNG

Hi DirectuX,

if you can share the file, it would be perfect, but yes - I can get codebrowser to ignore #includes. Will have a look, thank you for reporting.

Petr
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

Quote Originally Posted by Petr Schreiber View Post
    Hi DirectuX,

if you can share the file, it would be perfect, but yes - I can get codebrowser to ignore #includes. Will have a look, thank you for reporting.

Petr
    Hi Petr,

this is TestFile1.tbasic from here : https://github.com/DirectuX/thintern.../master/sample

Note in 1.11.6.0 : thinBasic_iNet.dll triggered Comodo AV as 'Heur.Packed' , (I already reported as false alert.)

thinBasic MVPs

Getting to the roots

Hi, it's me- as usual.

I have not so good - good news. Am a bit grrr... i code an type for more than 3 hours this morning. I did since thinAir launched on new installed windows 10 not run the script yet. I was typing something where i needed to know a few things (thinAir\config\thinAir.ini + some theme i had opened in notepad++ to check for tokens etc. Then i wanted to open one of my scripts from HD because there i had already some functions that i wanted to copy into the current script.

So ii had again to go to thinAir-menu windows\options to set "Show only current items" to false because it
    always resets itself to true, means it will not show any files in filebrowser that are not opened. In that case the filebrowser is pretty much useless and could be completely turned off. If it will not show scripts that are not open currently - it makes no sense to have a filebrowser. Whatever i clicked onto notepad++ to have it in front- it said something that a file (thinair.ini) had changed content- if i like to reload it, i click yes and thinAir in the background - poof- gone. And i typed maybe 3 hours. All gone. No save, nothing. why still no automatic timer-driven autosave at least for scripts that are dirty. Even if no name - it could make a backup named after date and the templates for new files could automatic give it different default-names as "untitled consolescript.4.15-2020.04.22.tBackup" seconds are not needed. We can still check for the file attributes. Only that it's possible to save more than once a day, even more than once per hour. By default 10 to 15 minutes... Or think about notepad++ approach- it backs every file up- if i change something and close notepad without saving- the next time i open it are still all changes there.
    I don't care how it names the files but i always find a copy even not just if crash but also if i want to go back to an earlier stage of the script...

And another question. I want to create like a PlugIn - a toolwindow that should be like a snap-in possible to lock at thinAir to add another Tab next to codebrowser and explorer,
    Is it possible with the current version to create popups in the thinAir_tools_usr.ini to group tools or to seperate multiple orders and settings and can they be checkable?

And one more: The tooltips (codetips) are not what is called a "control" so they do not have a windows-handle? Could thinAir optional send the codetip-content to an external process and not display the tooltips then? Very often i want to click a position of the script - but all of a sudden a code-tip appears and then opens helpfile...
    But how to get in contact after thinAir has started it will not load any files but it could Log its process-id and a function-pointer that my file can read from hd then and then pass a pointer to some buffer or i could instanly pass a textbox-handle +dialog-handle. Also i miss a bit that if i type like "Array(keyword+space)" that it would suggest Sum Scan Shuffle etc. I think it appears while am typing only for functions of the current script. And for that : if the headline starts with Sub where is () at the end - no parameters - its of no help to display a codetip with the word "Syntax" only.

Sorry. Am typing too much already... See you
    I think there are missing some Forum-sections as beta-testing and support

Exclamation About "Runtime Error" panel

While checking changes related to thinternational regarding the lasts tb alpha version,
    I can report this :

Constat.PNG

Unicode chars that display well in the code windows, is badly displayed in the Runtime Error panel.

A question : what's "constat equate" ?

A 2nd question : In this case, what's the sense of "Token found End of line" ?

Quote Originally Posted by ReneMiner View Post
    Hi, it's me- as usual.

I have not so good - good news. Am a bit grrr... i code an type for more than 3 hours this morning. I did since thinAir launched on new installed windows 10 not run the script yet. I was typing something where i needed to know a few things (thinAir\config\thinAir.ini + some theme i had opened in notepad++ to check for tokens etc. Then i wanted to open one of my scripts from HD because there i had already some functions that i wanted to copy into the current script.

So ii had again to go to thinAir-menu windows\options to set "Show only current items" to false because it
    always resets itself to true, means it will not show any files in filebrowser that are not opened. In that case the filebrowser is pretty much useless and could be completely turned off. If it will not show scripts that are not open currently - it makes no sense to have a filebrowser. Whatever i clicked onto notepad++ to have it in front- it said something that a file (thinair.ini) had changed content- if i like to reload it, i click yes and thinAir in the background - poof- gone. And i typed maybe 3 hours. All gone. No save, nothing. why still no automatic timer-driven autosave at least for scripts that are dirty. Even if no name - it could make a backup named after date and the templates for new files could automatic give it different default-names as "untitled consolescript.4.15-2020.04.22.tBackup" seconds are not needed. We can still check for the file attributes. Only that it's possible to save more than once a day, even more than once per hour. By default 10 to 15 minutes... Or think about notepad++ approach- it backs every file up- if i change something and close notepad without saving- the next time i open it are still all changes there.
    I don't care how it names the files but i always find a copy even not just if crash but also if i want to go back to an earlier stage of the script...

And another question. I want to create like a PlugIn - a toolwindow that should be like a snap-in possible to lock at thinAir to add another Tab next to codebrowser and explorer,
    Is it possible with the current version to create popups in the thinAir_tools_usr.ini to group tools or to seperate multiple orders and settings and can they be checkable?

And one more: The tooltips (codetips) are not what is called a "control" so they do not have a windows-handle? Could thinAir optional send the codetip-content to an external process and not display the tooltips then? Very often i want to click a position of the script - but all of a sudden a code-tip appears and then opens helpfile...
    But how to get in contact after thinAir has started it will not load any files but it could Log its process-id and a function-pointer that my file can read from hd then and then pass a pointer to some buffer or i could instanly pass a textbox-handle +dialog-handle. Also i miss a bit that if i type like "Array(keyword+space)" that it would suggest Sum Scan Shuffle etc. I think it appears while am typing only for functions of the current script. And for that : if the headline starts with Sub where is () at the end - no parameters - its of no help to display a codetip with the word "Syntax" only.

Sorry. Am typing too much already... See you
    Ciao Renč,

thinAir options are not working in this alpha/beta version or they are not working as expected.
    They are still related to a thinAir version that is not anymore with us.
    As I said in other posts, I will finish some few development phase and then I will work on thinAir options in order to reflects the many new features we added recently.
    I think that if you need more stability, it is better to install a thinBasic version prior to 1.11.x

Regarding plug-ins in thinAir ... it is something on the list of the features I want to have.
    So ... something to work this year and now that I'm collaborating with Petr in developing thinAir ... maybe it will be more close to reality.

CallTips (as they are called in Scintilla control) window is not something under my control.
    Of course I can send them into another window both uniquely or in parallel but at the moment I want to concentrate to have it enough good

Ciao
    Eros
    www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community/ | help.thinbasic.com
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

Quote Originally Posted by DirectuX View Post
    While checking changes related to thinternational regarding the lasts tb alpha version,
    I can report this :

Constat.PNG

Unicode chars that display well in the code windows, is badly displayed in the Runtime Error panel.

A question : what's "constat equate" ?

A 2nd question : In this case, what's the sense of "Token found End of line" ?
    Oops, I forgot to add <meta charset="utf-8"/> statement in all .html template files so browser is not interpreting utf-8 output file correctly.
    I will amend in next version.

Regarding "constat" is an error: constant

Regarding "token found" it depends on where the parsing pointer is located when runtime error occurs.
    In some situation where I need to parse ahead in order to understand if statement is finished or not ... it can be in an incorrect location.
    www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community/ | help.thinbasic.com
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 2