Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: thinBasic 1.11.x.x

OK Renč I want to solve this definitely.
    It happened only few times to me so not easy to understand, I need some info.

What Operating system are you using? From you signature it seems Windows 10, right?
    Is it crashing only when executing a script or also on closing thinAir
    Any additional info you think are useful to me?

Thnaks
    Eros
    www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community/ | help.thinbasic.com
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

thinBasic MVPs
    Yes i am using win 10.
    I am Not Sure sometimes it happens while coding also but definetely If Windows raises Error Always. I am at the doctor right now. I will Check intense when i returned at the house.i am running on. An Asus vivobook 4GB RAM, 2 TB internal HD + some Micro-sd-card with 200GB that i never pulled Out since ... Months. Only attached a Mouse, nothing Else Runs. But i am on Win 10 v 1909 (an esd that was published 2 months before the official 1909. IT IS having Bugs - Backgroundtaskhost.exe often shells stack-overflow and mostly the Startmenu does Not Work (Not opening Startscreen when click taskbar Nor win-key Works. I can renew the Windows without any effect or Install again. I have also the official 1909 but there's No Enterprise- Version on the iso and since i registered the Enterprise from Developer Test Version i have a license for that- and for Home-Edition. Maybe i can inject MS Edge from the later 1909 into the Developers Test-Image . I will try this afternoon . Else i will Just Put a Backup that i Made before it got the stack-overflow. It's Caused by Microsoft Edge which i never Made to remove fast enough. And its Like Windows destroys itself on purpose. But in PE-mode (different edition win10 Professional, flat boot so WinPE running from HD instead of ramdisk) thinair also crashed a few times. But its the same tB-Installation which ist located on Partition E:\
    But for C: i have a symlink since its NTFS, means installed onto C:\thinbasic but it gets directly to E:\thinBasic folder. For Partition x:\ which is fat32 to be bootable i implemented the required registry -keys that IT IS installed to E:. If i have Bugs with that thinBasic writes the error-logs right next to the Script
    Last edited by ReneMiner; 14-04-2020 at 10:28.
    I think there are missing some Forum-sections as beta-testing and support

what is this vertical line in the IDE:
    ide.PNG
    can we change its position, i tried to drag it by mouse and it is sticky

thinBasic MVPs
    Thats the right Border. Means IT stays in the Line that has the Most chars. Its pretty useles and you can Change its Position Default 80 in the thinair-default theme. Perhaps its possible to turnof witha negative value but IT will Return i fear. Set IT at 20480 in the theme then i guess you will only See IT If you have 20kb on one line. Maybe make it Hex(7FffFFff) 7 and seven f
    Last edited by ReneMiner; 14-04-2020 at 11:54.

Quote Originally Posted by ReneMiner View Post
    Yes i am using win 10.
    I am Not Sure sometimes it happens while coding also but definetely If Windows raises Error Always. I am at the doctor right now. I will Check intense when i returned at the house.i am running on. An Asus vivobook 4GB RAM, 2 TB internal HD + some Micro-sd-card with 200GB that i never pulled Out since ... Months. Only attached a Mouse, nothing Else Runs. But i am on Win 10 v 1909 (an esd that was published 2 months before the official 1909. IT IS having Bugs - Backgroundtaskhost.exe often shells stack-overflow and mostly the Startmenu does Not Work (Not opening Startscreen when click taskbar Nor win-key Works. I can renew the Windows without any effect or Install again. I have also the official 1909 but there's No Enterprise- Version on the iso and since i registered the Enterprise from Developer Test Version i have a license for that- and for Home-Edition. Maybe i can inject MS Edge from the later 1909 into the Developers Test-Image . I will try this afternoon . Else i will Just Put a Backup that i Made before it got the stack-overflow. It's Caused by Microsoft Edge which i never Made to remove fast enough. And its Like Windows destroys itself on purpose. But in PE-mode (different edition win10 Professional, flat boot so WinPE running from HD instead of ramdisk) thinair also crashed a few times. But its the same tB-Installation which ist located on Partition E:\
    But for C: i have a symlink since its NTFS, means installed onto C:\thinbasic but it gets directly to E:\thinBasic folder. For Partition x:\ which is fat32 to be bootable i implemented the required registry -keys that IT IS installed to E:. If i have Bugs with that thinBasic writes the error-logs right next to the Script
    OK thanks.
    I'm trying to go intense debug here to try to trap the problem.
    So far no crash but I'm sure there is something because I experienced it in the past.
    In 1.11.4 I recoded the process that save open scripts list and I thought I fixed because it never happened after that change but maybe there is something else somewhere.
    www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community/ | help.thinbasic.com
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

thinBasic MVPs
    Problem ist that IT will Not save a Log i guess. because it Waits for the end to make the final save. Will profiler make notes or is a Button to save memory when running on F8-mode? If you have to create then make it both

thinBasic MVPs
    Problem ist that IT will Not save a Log i guess. because it Waits for the end to make the final save. Will profiler make notes or is a Button to save memory when running on F8-mode? If you have to create then make it both

And IT saves the Script before it Runs yes. But IT doesnot Update the recent-files-list before it Crashes so my thinair Starts after the Crash Always sad and empty

Thank you ReneMiner , yes it works, when we replace 90 by -1 the right hand border is disabled
    found here
    <options name = "edge">
    <item name = "mode">1</item>
    <item name = "column">90</item>

regarding the crash of the IDE, it seems stable in my win7 x64, but a shoot in the Dark that the reason happened when Process is active, i say that because in winXP the process does not stop when we close the program, it continue counting in the End: line until the IDE crash, i don't ask to correct this for XP but it may refer to the IDE crash in win 10.

thinBasic MVPs
    Yes that i observed top. Once IT has run the Statusbar the Numbers still keep in flickering and changing. Since i am Back Home i started Scripts twice but both Times after execution terminated regular (Press Key to end at console-app, .tBasicC)
    Thinair crashed Always. But i am currently setting Up Something. Maybe in a few minutes i can give IT a try on WinPE/RE

thinBasic MVPs
    Just for the wcon a question again. How can i use the Control without the Windows or Vice versa, can i make the Control sizeable using a splitbar so i might place a Listview or treview to empower the console to fill results in odered manner and polled automatically If possible? I mran there are many useful Tools. A menu to the console would be doable and is already possible but a menu can provide no table when IT Always closes. To replace the console with a standard textbox needs to know how for example can i find the Cursor textPosition or Selektion start to end. Or is the scintilla Control Able to be my Instant console while i am coding so i could use simple Functions as to get a square root or some Unicode 2 Hex instantly. Write the Codeline to a Script, execute and the Output cold be displayed in output

And to add something closer on topic, see image. I never saw this before. Its not a codeline there and i did not draw a
    >>>>>> box that points right. anyway i had it one minute earlier already. i clicked onto a code-folldmark (theyre way to many) better use a comment as ' [+] [:] [-] so users can place them code-independet .
    i clicked this +-sign and the whole page folded into half or something, that was more than simple folding as i know from notepad++. And then the vertical right scrollbar did no more reaction. i had to restart thinair becaus i could not access my script. It did no more move- and than that symbol - nothing happens if i click it and it blocks the line so thereis no line-number nor possible to write....

And please tell me how to separate the wcon from its window- or how can i make this window the child inside a viewport
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ReneMiner; 14-04-2020 at 21:31. Reason: adding bug to thinair

Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 2