Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: thinBasic 1.10.7.x

thinBasic MVPs

Inheritance of static udt-members

Just a question - or thought - to the statics, assigned during type-definition.
    If type t2 extends type t1 and both have a static x1 of same type, same name and same value because x1 was defined and assigned in type-definition of t1, but both also have a static x2 that is defined and assigned in both types separately -

isn't that the exactly same mechanism as internally assigning the function-pointers when type-functions are encountered by parser?

I remember those type-function-names were static udt-members in the very beginning of Udt-functionality:
    https://www.thinbasic.com/community/...hp?issueid=440..
    Last edited by ReneMiner; 16-10-2018 at 08:31.
    I think there are missing some Forum-sections as beta-testing and support

Ciao René,

on inherited UDT and static elements initialization I'm still working.
    I will let you know in next days when I will have more clear ideas. I will study what other languages (.Net languages for example) behaves.

Eros
    www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community/ | help.thinbasic.com
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

Great job Eros. I admire your motivation and stemina to keep on working on TB.

thinBasic micro book on UDTs updated to cover the STATIC initialization .

Eros, this is such a huge release. Just the codePtr opens mountain of new possibilities, AppConfig brings easy standardised way for script configuration.

Thank you ,
    Petr
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

Thanks Petr,

I will add to official help asap.

I developed AppConfig because at work I have a lot of scripts that loads application configuration parameters from XML file and every time I had to include a lot of code just to read them.
    So I decided that a conjunction of an XML file with an hash table could be the perfect marriage to have all parameters loaded in one go into a script class and be accessed with a simple key level nodes string.
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

OK, I think thinBasic 1.10.x.x beta version phase as lasted even too much.
    I've developed so many new features in this beta that it is time to close it and publish this release as stable.
    Still to decide what version number to give to final stable release. Maybe just 1.11

I will wait around 2 weeks in order to see if any bug will discovered and I will fix.
    In the while ... I will try to finish missed documentation and next version will be the last.

Thanks to all.
    Eros

Another bugs in 2018.10.5.0 ???

Hi, all.

First : Apologies for my bad english...
    2nd : French characters does not work properly between Source Code and windows (MsgBox or Dialog)... But I think you are working about this...
    3rd : Function 'Replace' or 'Ctrl+R' (From menu/edit) does not work.
    4th : When we have many source in use (in ThinAir), some disappear when we click on it (left side of the window of ThinAir : Code Browser).

Best regards
    Mike F-83000.

Quote Originally Posted by ErosOlmi View Post
    I will try to finish missed documentation and next version will be the last.
    Eros
    does that mean you will stop development on ThinBasic?

Question

Quote Originally Posted by jack View Post
    does that mean you will stop development on ThinBasic?
    Interresting, i had it understood as the last beta. Hope I'm right.
    ThinBasic 1.11.6.0 ALPHA - Windows 8.1 x64

Does anyone actually know where Eros is? Haven't seen him around for a while here. Busy working I would imagine, or perhaps not well?
    I do hope he has not abandoned thinbasic! Surely not?
    http://tab.thinbasic.com - Home Of The ThinBasic Adventure Builder Project. (Interactive Fiction/Text Adventure Maker)

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 3