Thread: thinBasic 1.10.7.x

thinBasic 1.10.7.x

thinBASIC 1.10.7.x

Download from: https://www.thinbasic.biz/projects/t...c_1.10.7.0.zip
    Are you curious about what
    we are working on:

CHECK HERE

2019.05.26 10:30 (CET Time) updated to 1.10.7.0

Version mainly concentrated on thinAir improvements ...

1. thinAir: Improved Find/Replace dialog
    2. thinAir: added "Select all occurrences" of a given selection of word allowing in place editing of all of the occurrences
    3. thinAir: working on improving Code Browser to better and faster parse source code
    4. thinAir: autocompletion will now shows UDTs, functions and subs present in your script
    5. added new module I18N working on internationalization but still to be finished.
    6. few other improvements in Core, MSXML2, ADODB
    7. New TBGL version from Petr

See offline or online help for details: https://www.thinbasic.com/public/pro...n_1_10_5_0.htm

2019.01.19 14:00 (CET Time) updated to 1.10.6.0

Some fixes and new features.
    See list here: https://www.thinbasic.com/public/products/thinBasic/help/html/index.html?version_1_10_6_0.htm
    Updated Petr Schreiber TBGL module with all the recent features and fix. Source code can be seen at Github at https://github.com/ThinBASIC/thinBasic_TBGL

2018.10.15 20:58 (CET Time) updated to 1.10.5.0

Here we are again with a new beta after more than one year.
    Sorry for this big delay, I will never let pass so much time for an update but this version is a HUGE version

I do not know where to start to describe, maybe with a link to the list of changes is the best place:
    https://www.thinbasic.com/public/pro...n_1_10_5_0.htm

I will mention only few here, just the most important one, because some of them are still under development and to document:

1. if you read list of changes from the bottom of the above link, you will see I started to add events and properties to user interface elements, from windows to controls. It is just a beginning of a new way to handle thinBasic user interface.
      See example: \thinBasic\SampleScripts\UI\NamedControls
    2. New ACTIVEX control added. This control let you host an activex objects, get their automation idispatch and interact with them.
      See example at: \thinBasic\SampleScripts\UI\ActiveX\ActiveX_WebBrowserCharts
    3. New RICHEDIT control
    4. New IMAGE control that will use GDI+ to load images of all types supported by GDI+
    5. Added FAST ... SUPER FAST versions of some of the common used string function handling. Same name but with F: MIDF$, LEFTF$, RIGHF$, LENF, GRABF$, PARSEF$, PARSECOUNTF.
      They work using direct access to passed dynamic string without generating an internal copy of the string. You will see that they will be thousands of times faster!!
      See help for how to use them and limitations. The only limitation is that you need to pass a dynamic string instead of a string expression.
    6. Introduced System pseudo variable to collect system information
    7. Improved App pseudo variable
    8. Improved COMM module
    9. thinAir can now have themes, handled very easily with XML format.
      Right click on any edit window of thinAir and at the bottom of the menu you will see "Themes" menu.
      Just open Theme directory to see how a thinAir theme is handled, duplicate a theme and make your preferred theme.
      And share it with us.
      I will create a dedicated forum to talk about themes and share them
    10. UDT elements names can now be indicated dynamically using a string expression between (). In below example filed name is calculated at run time:
      string sFieldName = "MyString"
      MyType.(sFieldName) = "ABCD"
    11. AnyType pseudo type can be used in function declaration to say you do not know the type of the UDT and it will be determined at run time. Example:
      Function AnyUdt_QSort(ByRef T1() As AnyType, ...)
      This with the element name composed at run time will open many possibilities.
    12. thinAir source code will be saved as UTF-8 BOM file: https://docs.microsoft.com/it-it/win...te-order-marks
    13. CODEPTR ... this is huge for a scripting language. It will open an enormous set of possibilities. With this function you will be able to create a real SDK Windows application like you would do using compiled languages.
      See examples in:
      \thinBasic\SampleScripts\IUP\
      \thinBasic\\SampleScripts\UI\SDK\
    14. Introduced WSTRING and WSTRINGZ data types ONLY in DECLARE statement when declaring external DLLs functions.
      When thinBasic will see this new data types, it will automatically convert script UTF-8 strings into UNICODE strings.
      Example in \SampleScripts\UI\SDK\DIALOG_UNICODE.tbasic and \SampleScripts\UI\SDK\sdk_msgbox.tbasic
      In future thinBasic versions I will add native data type to be used in scripts for variable declarations.
    15. static numeric and dynamic elements inside an UDT can now be initialized to a value. Still to work on UDT Extends
    16. And last ... a new module called AppConfig that will let you load script parameters dynamically at run time from an specifically formatted XML file.
      More info at https://www.thinbasic.com/public/pro...ageexample.htm
      It will be so easy to store and load data in this way

What to say more ... have a try and let us know.

2017.09.29 13:00 (CET Time) updated to 1.10.4.0

New quick update version just for adding a quicker way to declare and initialize iDispatch variables.
    It is now possible to declare and instantiate an iDispatch variable on the same statement. Examples of valid statements:
    iDispatch objFSO = NewCom("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
    dim objFSO as iDispatch = NewCom("Scripting.FileSystemObject")

Also added few new examples in \thinBasic\SampleScripts\iDispatch\

2017.09.22 20:37 (CET Time) updated to 1.10.3.0

Here we are again with a new beta.
    I would like to call this beta a WOW beta for the new features it brings inside regarding interfacing with COM object using the new variable type: iDispatch

I already gave some hints on COM here: http://www.thinbasic.com/community/s...ll=1#post93751
    Just to say that we are only at the very beginning, there are still many limitations (for example not possible to write compound multiple objects with dotted notation) but I'm working to give programmers the best experience I can using COM.

To have a look at new iDispatch variable type usage, please check examples in \thinBasic\SampleScripts\iDispatch\ directory

Plus:

• Some fixes
    • added new data structure linked list with a lot of features and more will come in next beta
    • fix thinAir autocompletion, if not visible activate it in thinAir options

Full list of changes: http://www.thinbasic.com/public/prod...n_1_10_3_0.htm
    And, as usual, all is documented in thinBasic .chm offline help file.

2017.08.02 11:30 (CET Time) updated to 1.10.2.0

Here we are again with a new beta:

• Some fixes
    • fully documented cJSON module
      Examples in \thinBasic\SampleScripts\cJSON\
    • added new functions to cJSON module
    • fully documented StringBuilder module
    • added a new experimental module working with SQLite data. For the moment very basic commands.
      Example with SQL DB in \thinBasic\SampleScripts\SQLite\

Full list of changes in help file or online at http://www.thinbasic.com/public/prod...n_1_10_2_0.htm

2017.07.23 19:30 (CET Time) updated to 1.10.1.0

Here we are again with a new beta: finished to document MSXML2 module, added a new module CJSON still under development and make some fixes.

• Scintilla editor: fixed possibility to loose source code when switching from Codemax to Scintilla editor
    • Scintilla editor: now font name and size is taken from thinAir options
    • Scintilla editor: added zooming in editor right click
    • Scintilla editor: changed some file saving strategy
    • completed documentation and added some script examples for new module MSXML2. This module is great for connecting to remote http server to get back data. Example usage: REST API. See examples in \thinBasic\SampleScripts\MSXML2\ directory
    • added a new experimental module: CJSON.
      ATTENTION: this module need VCRUNTIME140.DLL installed in order to work. It can be downloaded from Microsoft
      Will be documented in next versions but you can already have an idea looking at \thinBasic\SampleScripts\CJSON\ directory

2017.06.30 21:50 (CET Time) updated again 1.10.0.0
    Added missing file used for scintilla auto-completion: suggestion listbox while typing
    Updated TBGL

It is time to open a new Beta phase to show ongoing new features that will be present in next stable release.
    This version will be an ongoing development version for some time.

Among other changes, this version introduced 3 big changes
    :

• introduced Scintilla control editor as an optional control editor in thinAir.
      To test Scintilla Code Editor goto [thinAir options\Editor\Editor Type] then choose SCINTILLA, then close/open thinAir.
      We are just at the beginning, Scintilla has a huge number of features and I will need time to study and take advantages of them
      See images for example of some of the new features
    • Scintilla will now open the option to have UTF-8 in scripts. A lot of work is still to be done on that side but at least we have opened the door.
      See image and example in \SampleScrips\Unicode\
    • ADODB module officially added as stable module. Quite completely documented all new features.
      Still some work to do (like adding Command class) but a lot is already in there.
      See examples into \SampleScripts\ADODB\

See help (online and offline) for details of all new features introduced in this version: http://www.thinbasic.com/public/prod...l?whatsnew.htm
    More detailed info, features and examples will come next weeks.

Previous 1.9.16.x beta versions (in case of any needs):
    http://www.thinbasic.biz/projects/th...c_1.10.0.0.zip
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ErosOlmi; 14-08-2019 at 13:05.
    www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community/ | help.thinbasic.com
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

big thanks Eros. i am testing ...
    1- scintella editor properties: Font face courier New Font size 16
    the font size stay as it is and does not change

2- the ASC for the unicode char seems 2 numbers
    as an example:
    String helloworld = "бумага бумага"
    printl asc(helloworld,1)
    output 208
    printl asc(helloworld,2)
    Output 177
    printl asc(helloworld,13)
    Output 32 (space asc)
    there is a lot of fuzz about unicode in the web, so who know how to interpret the 208, 177 for the first russian char in "бумага"

Thank you for new beta release.

No problems installing. TAB seems running OK too.

Regards,
    catventure.
    http://tab.thinbasic.com - Home Of The ThinBasic Adventure Builder Project. (Interactive Fiction/Text Adventure Maker)

Hi Primo,

yes, special characters get two bytes - one could not simply fit all the special characters to one byte (256 values), while two allow 65536 options.

Scintilla tip: Eros will correct me, if I am wrong, but the settings from options dialog are not reflected in Scintilla mode in this beta release.
    Scintilla tip: While the search dialog is not implemented yet, you may mark some text and press F3.

Petr
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

Yes Petr is right on all.
    I'm in early phase of introducing Scintilla that is quite complex.

thinAir editor options are not reflected in Scintilla code editor so far but I will work on that in next updates
    Search is not yet developed in Scintilla. Only way to search for something at the moment: select a text and press F3
    Unicode is only at the beginning. For many thinBasic functions I will need to develop unicode aware version of them like I developed MsgboxW

In few minutes an updated 1.10.0.0: I forgot to add a file that will permit codetips while typing
    Last edited by ErosOlmi; 30-06-2017 at 21:16.
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

Quote Originally Posted by catventure View Post
    Thank you for new beta release.

No problems installing. TAB seems running OK too.

Regards,
    catventure.
    Great cat: I think TAB is the biggest thinBasic script ever developed in thinBasic

updated again 1.10.0.0. See first post of this thread
    • Added missing file used for scintilla auto-completion: suggestion listbox while typing
    • Updated TBGL

In TBGL: TBGL_SpriteExists could GPF when supplied with parameter which was outta bounds of internal buffer AND/OR in case the function was called before first sprite was created. Now fixed in 1.10.

Petr
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

Hi, Thanks for the updates. But i have hard time to see my native language in ThinBasic. See this image.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi,

did you used keyboard to type your characters or did you pasted it from clipboard?

Clipboard pasting does not work in this release, issue could be related to font as well.

Let us know

Petr

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 3