Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to change exe icon for a TB program permanantly ?

Sorry but I'm not able to replicate under Windows 7.

What thinBasic version do you have?
    You should have a .sDep file in the same directory of your main script when Bundling.

From the executable I cannot derive any info, I can just see that it as an icon but I cannot un-bundle it to see how it was created, sorry.
    I'm considering to create a special Bundle version in order to Log some additional information.
    Last edited by ErosOlmi; 22-02-2017 at 18:45.
    www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community/ | help.thinbasic.com
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

Eros
    now it works
    as i said before the bundling with icon works with me, and in win7 and winxp it is only said the icon file not found in the bundle tab

the tests in windows XP : (i don't use or like win7+ it cause me heart pain realy):
    when i have added #BUNDLE Icon "graph.ico" as you said, and going to the bundle tool now it say icon file found look the attached picture
    i have used small icon 32x32 24bpp. the icon preview is okay look the attached picture, so in windows xp it can't preview 256x256 big icon while in win7+ it can preview 256x256 icons
    but in my opinion when we use the bundle tool in the thinair IDE , we should not need to write #BUNDLE Icon "graph.ico" for the bundle tool to know that the icon is loaded
    i think it is solved. but you may need to correct the click event proc on Bundle tab to show the icon file is loaded without the need to write #BUNDLE Icon "graph.ico
    thanks for all your efforts

attached the sDep file
    my tb version is the latest 1.9.16.17
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by primo; 22-02-2017 at 21:02.

Yes, icons containing only 256x256 size are not supported by Windows XP.
    Icons contains 256x256 size but also 32x32 and 48x48 size I think can be used.

#BUNDLE Icon "graph.ico" is not used by thinBundle to know if icon is loaded.
    It is used to set the icon for your script once and for all so when you execute thinBundle it knows what icon you want for your bundled executable without the need to specify it every time you want to create your exe.

Other languages/tools/ide specify single application options into an application project file.
    thinAir has no project file but some options can be indicated directly into your script. That's the case of #BUNDLE ... options: http://www.thinbasic.com/public/prod...le_version.htm
    Specify the #BUNDLE ... options you need into your script and when thinBundle it executed it will try to apply your options without the need to specify them every time.

#BUNDLE options are just ignored when script is executed, they are considered only by thinBundle.

.sDep files are special files created by thinCore.dll (thinBasic core engine) to pass script information discovered inside the script to other thinBasic tools like thinAir and thinBundle.

Anyway, I will try to create a more "verbose" thinBundle so it will be more easy to understand why something is happening.

Ciao
    Eros
    www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community/ | help.thinbasic.com
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12