Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Craft The World - what a game!

thinBasic MVPs

Craft The World - what a game!

Craft The World is a nice little role-playing-management-survival-sandbox-game which i like very much.

It's still in beta-phase - even though i played it already more than 1000 hours. I'm as addicted to this game as to thinBasic.

I combined both and created some "tool" for this game- not for modifying data to cheat but to balance some stuff.

A calculator for Grunts Shop! - written in thinBasic- that's why it ends up here...

Going from the prices that Grunt would pay for natural resources the prices of all products get calculated from the cost of the required resources + manufacturing-cost, including technology-toll, Grunt will add some percents as a profit for himself and of course- there's the tax to pay!

The script loads CraftTheWorld\data -files:
    craft_resources.xml
    recipes.xml
    default_techTree.csv

without having access to this data the program won't run!

It's able to save changed data as new files only- so no overwriting of existing data.

The only parameters to change for all resources are shop_cost and shop_count - for recipes there's only possible to change what crafting-station is required to craft the product and to adjust the amount of products crafted at once.
    It's not intended to change recipes or any other data and it allows to set some imaginary global values for toll, taxes, profit & usage-fees for crafting stations that will be included into the calculation.

It will only calculate what prices were adequate and tell a Brutto-value - what price Grunt has to ask for to cover his expenses and get his profit - it will not change them by itself - but for a help it lists the difference of asked price and current sales price.

Because i have no idea about unicode the russian comments are not readeable any more in the saved data and it's probably a better idea to enter the calculated prices with some other software into the real game-data - else the game complains those files being corrupted sometimes when using an older savegame.

The intentions are very simple:

Let the shop have reasoneable prices. Eliminate all current "bargains", check overpriced items.

Excuse the condition - the executeable does not look as the scripted version - for the script to run you will need a thinBasic-version above 1.9.8, for the executeable you'lll need windows.

Oh yes, and for those who don't know Craft The World - can check it out on Steam
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ReneMiner; 09-01-2015 at 11:28.
    I think there are missing some Forum-sections as beta-testing and support

Hi Rene,

sorry but I'm blocked at the beginning when it asks for the folder where (I presume) to find data.
    What I need to specify? What files are needed?

Thanks
    Eros
    www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community/ | help.thinbasic.com
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

Rene,

this is hardcore approach to gaming, I like the idea of script aided gaming a lot

Petr
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

thinBasic MVPs
    oh Eros- if you have the game, assumed "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\CraftTheWorld\" then you'll find in there some Main.pak,
    have to rename this alike "xMain.pak" before, then use 7z and unpack it at same location ... thereafter you can modify and play from unpacked data,

anyway this script is meant as an idea for the developers of the game (i linked it in CTW-Forum) because prices in the shop are let's say "not all that reasonable and understandeable"
    Last edited by ReneMiner; 10-01-2015 at 00:26.

thinBasic MVPs
    ...just mentioning 7z, i know there's some command-line-version on sourceforge somewhere-

i wonder if it were possible to let thinBasic call 7z-functionalities somehow so i would not need to unpack manually just to read the data... i smell a new module...
    Last edited by ReneMiner; 10-01-2015 at 15:01.

If I can find a 7Z SDK standard DLL, I can wrap some of the commands but actually I cannot find one, just COM libraries.

In the meantime you can install (if not yet) 7Z from http://www.7-zip.org/ and use its command line application with shell commands.
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

thinBasic MVPs
    and however - for those who don't have the game but want to try out the script - i modified some game-data , i.e. prices mostly, production-requirements (barrels & windows) and count of crafted items for clay & leather-gear.

So attached the prices as i would set them in the game - calculated using the script above - only used higher fees than default for smithys (0.66) and workshop (0.80)

Do not place this data next to the calculator but have it in a seperate folder please.

EDIT:attachement removed (game version changed in the meantime)
    Last edited by ReneMiner; 12-02-2015 at 21:08.

Thanks René, now I got it.

Thanks to this script I resolved a weird GPF occurring in UI function Dialog_BrowseForFolder. Fix will be present in next release.

And my compliment for the hard job you have done. Reading that XML data is not a simple task and the User Interface is very nice constructed and handled.

thinBasic MVPs
    Quote Originally Posted by ErosOlmi View Post
    ... Reading that XML data is not a simple task and the User Interface is very nice constructed and handled.
    oh please- thinBasic does the reading in one call, thinCore-string-functions do the rest and UI leaves me no other possibility than using it the way it works

thinBasic MVPs

CTW-trainer

It might appear as a cheat - so call it "Trainer"

You need the Steam-Version of Craft The World on Windows-PC

The attached program will set your Mana-Regeneration-Time to intervals of 30 instead of 180 seconds.

-download the attachement and unzip
    -run "manaRegen30.exe"
    -play the game

Run this program again to restore the original game.

Its also possible to use this with Pete's Improvement-Mod. The mod has to be installed in advance then.

After an update of the game you might want to apply 30-seconds regeneration too.
    In order to do this you MUST delete the obsolete backup (original_Main.pak) of your old Main.pak before you run this program
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ReneMiner; 28-02-2015 at 13:57.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast